• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First and probably last order with Tony

coyote45

Looking Around
9/12/11
After reading through the various reviews and checking out the lower prices on their website, I contacted Tony and ordered the "Carrera Chronograph SS Black, SSB - New Asia 7750, which was a rep of the Tag Heuer Carrera CV2010. Let me just say that I am very disappointed with the watch I received, getting a model which looked nothing like the one posted on the website.

The negative:

1. The watch posted on the website had the correct silver screws in the mechanism, the watch I received has the telltale blue screws.

2. The watch on the website did not have the telltale blue mark on the 2 'o clock chronograph button, the one I received had the blue mark.

3. The chronograph function malfunctions 50% of the time. The 2 'o clock stop and start function works great. However the 4 'o clock reset button does not. Half the time when you press it after stopping the chronograph it ends up starting the hand again.

Other observations:

1. Tony has great communication, but the quality of the item he sent me leaves much to be desired.

2. Although it was partly my fault because I should have asked for specific close up pictures of the back, the QC pictures that were sent were of the front of the watch and a little bit of the side and some of the back. In the QC pics the color was a bit off so I couldn't tell if the screws were blue or not. But because the picture on the website was silver I trusted the screws in the QC pic were silver as well. Big mistake on my part, I guess I relied to much on the feedback here and in other forums.

3. Apart from the face, dial and bezel which had excellent printing and almost perfect alignment, the mechanism of the watch itself is the same one found in the cheaper reps valued under $100. This I found highly disappointing. I would advise staying away from this model completely.

There you have it, a very disappointing first order for me with Asian7750. Too bad, I like his prices and communication. It may not be his fault entirely but I would prefer to order from someone who I trust will take the extra effort to send me a model exactly as pictured in their website.

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
Man it must be bash the dealer day at RWI. I have ordered the exact same watch, but I bet I will be happy with it because I don't really give two craps about blue vs silver screws. I guess we will see when I get QC pictures but I love Tony and love every watch I have got from him.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
one little positive thing; the blue mark on the chrono pusher is probably the blue protective plastic foil. just rub it off. :)

dustindu4

18/7/11
That must be your first A7750 purchase because all the ones I have gotten have the blue film on the pushers.

Also the watch is supposed to be full charged before you use the chronos. That's if you use them at all because everyone knows that they shouldn't be used.

Dr Yan

4/9/09
A little more research and you wouldnt expect an asian 7750 to work as like a swiss, its really only for show.you've got a watch for approx a twentieth the price of the real thing .it will look great but dont expect it to work like the real thing. a swiss 7750 movement alone would cost $750 .

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
I am going to spare you some sarcasm and be direct:

3. Apart from the face, dial and bezel which had excellent printing and almost perfect alignment, the mechanism of the watch itself is the same one found in the cheaper reps valued under $100. This I found highly disappointing. I would advise staying away from this model completely.

There are no $100 watches with working mechanical chronograph movements except for the $99 Arktos that Tony was selling, which contains an A7750. $100 automatics have faux chrono movements.

Also the watch is supposed to be full charged before you use the chronos. That's if you use them at all because everyone knows that they shouldn't be used.

I disagree and I dont think I would be the only one to do so, regarding your comment that you shouldnt use the pushers. Some believe this, but to state it as fact might mislead the OP, who is new (at least based on your join date.) You definitely would want to ensure that the watch is well charged before using the chronos though, so thumbs up on that part dustindu4.

To the OP, I think you could get some quick, straight answers from the guys here if you showed a link to the watch you ordered. Either way, if you picked a watch with silver screws and didnt get it, I guess I can understand that issue.

Good luck getting things resolved.

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
I am going to spare you some sarcasm and be direct:

There are no $100 watches with working mechanical chronograph movements except for the $99 Arktos that Tony was selling, which contains an A7750. $100 automatics have faux chrono movements.

I disagree and I dont think I would be the only one to do so, regarding your comment that you shouldnt use the pushers. Some believe this, but to state it as fact might mislead the OP, who is new (at least based on your join date.) You definitely would want to ensure that the watch is well charged before using the chronos though, so thumbs up on that part dustindu4.

To the OP, I think you could get some quick, straight answers from the guys here if you showed a link to the watch you ordered. Either way, if you picked a watch with silver screws and didnt get it, I guess I can understand that issue.

Good luck getting things resolved.

+1 :ttiwwop:

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
tony didnt make the watch! can you link the watch you bought an pics of your watch?

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
by the way, why are you pressing the chrono buttons? you will break the A7750 in no time doing that

eaglexkr

Known Member
30/1/11
After reading through the various reviews and checking out the lower prices on their website, I contacted Tony and ordered the "Carrera Chronograph SS Black, SSB - New Asia 7750, which was a rep of the Tag Heuer Carrera CV2010. Let me just say that I am very disappointed with the watch I received, getting a model which looked nothing like the one posted on the website.

The negative:

1. The watch posted on the website had the correct silver screws in the mechanism, the watch I received has the telltale blue screws.

2. The watch on the website did not have the telltale blue mark on the 2 'o clock chronograph button, the one I received had the blue mark.

3. The chronograph function malfunctions 50% of the time. The 2 'o clock stop and start function works great. However the 4 'o clock reset button does not. Half the time when you press it after stopping the chronograph it ends up starting the hand again.

Other observations:

1. Tony has great communication, but the quality of the item he sent me leaves much to be desired.

2. Although it was partly my fault because I should have asked for specific close up pictures of the back, the QC pictures that were sent were of the front of the watch and a little bit of the side and some of the back. In the QC pics the color was a bit off so I couldn't tell if the screws were blue or not. But because the picture on the website was silver I trusted the screws in the QC pic were silver as well. Big mistake on my part, I guess I relied to much on the feedback here and in other forums.

There you have it, a very disappointing first order for me with Asian7750. Too bad, I like his prices and communication. It may not be his fault entirely but I would prefer to order from someone who I trust will take the extra effort to send me a model exactly as pictured in their website.

Maybe you should go to the FAQ section for new members which says;
My new watch is not working! What do I do?
Owing to the large number of threads we are seeing from new members who are not certain what to do when their watch orders are not what they were hoping for, this thread is being stickied to try to clear up the confusion.

Although it may seem that resolutions are usually reached, regardless of the way it's handled, haphazard handling of problems is, in fact, damaging to the membership as a whole. Most people don't make the kind of comprehensive research they ideally should prior to choosing a dealer. Moreover, for the highly publicized threads, many won't take the time to read all fifteen pages of responses before the real story and conclusion come out. As a result, dealers get unfairly penalized. Worse, the occasional ill-advised chargeback threat causes dealers to change (in most cases to limit) the payment methods they accept.

We realize that most buyers who encounter a problem are not trying to cause problems. They simply want their watch fixed/replaced and returned to them. But they aren't aware of the best way to go about this and are reaching out for advice. Even though it might seem intimidating, please reach out to a staff member, rather than splashing it all over the forum. In many cases, the problem is a misunderstanding, possibly due to language barriers, and can be quickly and quietly resolved.

My watch is broken/DOA/not the right one/etc.! Now what?

Answer: the order of operations should be this:

A) contact the trusted dealer FIRST and make note of whether he prefers to be contacted by email or PM. Let him know what the problem is. Be aware that they are likely to be fielding piles of emails in a language that's not their first. Also be sensitive to the fact that they may live in a different time zone than you, have a different holiday schedule from you, and dealers sleep too (a grouchy, sleep-deprived dealer is not likely to be an understanding one). You may get an answer in a few hours or a few days, so be patient and WAIT. Do not bombard the dealer with emails every few hours if you're not getting a response. And for heaven's sake, be polite and respectful. These dealers are not morally obligated to help you, and there is not an official BBB of rep watch culture (outside of this board), so if you get yourself blacklisted, you have only yourself to blame. Also remember that English is not the first language of most of our dealers, nor for their staff, so don't be surprised or scornful if you get a response that suggests that they did not understand your question. Be patient and try again. Most of us on staff communicate with the dealers in English too, and polite persistence typically does get the message across.

B) if you don't get a response or you feel that the response is not satisfactory, contact a mod or admin to intervene on your behalf. They can at least let you know whether you are being reasonable. Before you say "well, I don't want to bother them for THIS", please note that this is highly preferable to posting it in the open forum, inviting all sorts of responses that the staff will eventually have to moderate because you're either getting flamed or you've incited a riot.

C) do not, under any circumstance, start by doing a chargeback or even threatening one. This will not help your cause, and it will also cause problems for everyone else. Moreover, it restricts the ability of the staff to help you, and if you freeze up the seller's accounts, then everyone is at a standstill. You will not get satisfaction and the rest of the board will flame you off the planet.

D) if there's a possibility that you will need to return your watch, remember to save all of the links you may have removed; without them, there's no likelihood that you can exchange, and you are restricted to only repair. Also, if you choose to wear the watch, remember that any signs of use will also limit your claims.

RWI is here to assist and educate every single member interested in buying rep watches, from your first purchase on. So please buy with confidence and enjoy this hobby. :)

coyote45

Looking Around
9/12/11
Hi everyone.

Just to clear a few things up. I never requested a chargeback, I just emailed Tony to tell him about the discrepancy in the item he sent me. My purpose for posting was to offer an honest review of what I received vis-a-vis what was advertised, for the benefit of other people who are also planning to order the same watch and might be expecting too much and to advise them not to rely too much on the pictures posted. (I tend to rely on item pictures when making a purchase, especially since it's being posted by someone with so many positive reviews.) I'm not saying he did it intentionally and like I said I have no problem with Tony's service, but the discrepancy in the item received was really disappointing. I really wanted the version with silver screws as posted on the website cause I could have easily bought the same watch with the blue screws from my local rep dealer and save myself the shipping cost and the taxes I had to pay to get it. (Believe me I got fleeced by customs when they opened the package and saw the watch.)

Anyway I already cleared it out with Tony, he admitted the pics on the site for that watch model were out of date. I told him it was too much trouble to return the watch so I'll just keep it and be less trusting and assuming in the future.

Here are the pics of what I received versus what was advertised:

advertised:
TAG0023b5.jpg

what I got:
tagblue.jpg

Thanks by the way to the people who posted about charging and the blue foil cap. Took some doing but I was able to get it off, it was pretty stuck when I got it. I'll be wearing the watch for a week to see if the problem with the reset button has to do with the watch being under charged. I never owned an automatic chronograph before so didn't know that the stop and start could work perfectly if the watch was undercharged.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
dont use the buttons - you will BREAK it, if you havent already

coyote45

Looking Around
9/12/11
Thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I thought these new asian7750's were supposed to be fully functional. Looks like another wrong assumption on my part. Oh well... live and learn.

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
What is all that about the lack of functionality of the A7750 chrono??

I have quite a few such watches, love to see the hands move and run the chrono all the time. And guess what? No problem!!

There have been issues where the running seconds is not in the 9 position. There may also be sloppy assembly issues which require a service, but mine are not serviced yet.

Other then that you should be able to use the chrono on this movment. The 4 pusher should work and issues with that should be picked up in the QC prior to shipment.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oke first up thanks for posting. Negative reviews are just as important as positive ones, more so in fact.

Let's address a few things here.

1/ Blue pushers: Already cured, it's just plastic to stop 'em scratching mate.

2/ Screws in MVT: Yeah disappointing and should not have happened but be aware the entire freakin' MVT looks wrong so not as big a deal as you may think.

3/
the mechanism of the watch itself is the same one found in the cheaper reps valued under $100.

Ah, no it's not, it is nothing like a sub 100 dollar MVT mate. Learn of what you speak before doing so because statements like this are a good way of having folk ignore everything else you say.

wat: WTF? Come on mate, you sound like Fakey. The difference being that when Fakey was saying that he was right. Now days as long as care is taken and the correct procedures followed (the same ones you must follow with a gen 7750 BTW) there is no real issue with the a7750.

The OP should certainly read this however: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/user-guide-a7750-72197 It explains how to care for and feed your a7750 MVT without killing it. The gen requires exactly the same precautions BTW.

So once again thank you for posting and I hope we have cleared up a few things for you.

Col.