• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First 6200 raffles build advice

phillips555b

Certified
1/9/23
Taking the plunge and going for first build of a 16200, I put together a raffles list not sure if I missing anything. Im ordering the 2836 case as it says it's the one that will accept a gen Rolex dial. I think it has crown and sapphire, I ordered the overlay date wheel, datejust hands and jubilee bracelet. Not 100% on what movement I need I found a Hangzhou 2836 movement on AliExpress I assume this will work.
If I missed anything please let me know, if the movement is wrong or there is a better option let me know. I will be buying a gen dial.
Thanks

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
The case is correct for the movement you ordered, but generally a genuine Rolex dial is slightly smaller (27.2mm?) than a Raffles dial/case (28.5mm). It may or may not be too small for the case you have there. Also, be aware that to use a genuine Datejust dial with an ETA movement, you either have to cut off the dial feet, which will kill the value of the dial, or do some highly precise cutting/drilling of the main plate of the movement.

Looking at your parts list, it appears you're trying to build a 5 digit Datejust around a genuine dial, is that correct? I think you've mostly got the right parts.

Last edited: