• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finally got my hands on the dong! (Review GMT Master 2 CF, DD3285)

Explorrertime

Getting To Know The Place
11/3/22
NL
Great write up and review! I just received mine today (clean 126710 BLRO DD3285). And I couldn't agree more with your review. I got the same problem with the rotor, it's insanely loud, movement weight sounds like an aerosol spray can to me. Going to contact my TD to see if they can send me a new screw as well.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Hugg727

Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
NJ,USA
Great post bro. Sad but not surprised about the bezel, wtf. I have ARF, Noob, GMF, BP, VRF GMTs that have bezels nearly as good as gen. This BP has been off center for 3 years. It's so solid with zero play I usually can't even move it to center long enough to grab a pic. It snaps back to its scallop recess, haha. And they got NO GREASE! I'll get around to fixing it one day.

15869626622450.jpg

Appreciate your pics and comments, super rep for sure.
She's a beauty!

I used many of your posts as I have just recently joined here and started this hobby. Your posts and pictures have been extremely well put together and helpful. Because of you, my wife was curious why I was buying fishing line, lol. I cant thank you enough for all of the help.
I am still having trouble with the bezel play on this new GMT. Used all of your advice and still no joy. I sanded all that you suggested, cleaned up the stock lube, installed the Aliexpress 3 pin ring and still no joy. When I install the bezel without the 3 pin it snaps in and rotates beautifully. It binds up and is very hard to spin when I put it all together. I am curious what silicone grease that you are using also.

Thanks

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I received mine yesterday. I find the winding a bit disappointing. It's the 2nd worst out of my 40+ reps. I understand this can vary between each example. I just had high expectations for this movement.

Last edited:

Hugg727

Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
NJ,USA
I received mine yesterday. I find the winding a bit disappointing. It's the 2nd worst out of my 40+ reps. I understand this can vary between each example. I just had high expectations for this movement. Luckily, it's going to Oascom for a nice little treatment right now. :)
I want to send it to him as well but his wait list is 10 months out! :cry:

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Nice review. I also just got this watch a few weeks ago. I made the decision to put a Deep crystal on it after I had such a good outcome with the Deep crystal on my Sub. Not that the CF xtal was bad , I just think the Deep has a little more pop/clarity and a slightly better cyclops experience.

The only neg for me has been the bezel play. It had the usual abundance of white grease under there. I cleaned it up and even replaced the bezel spring with one that other members recommended from Aliiexpress. I dont see much of an improvement....perhaps I am using the wrong silicone grease. Would be curious to here what others are using???
I did not add any new grease. I just cleaned up 90% of the existing grease and then used the Aliexpress click spring. It's much better, but still not as good as my gen of course.

Reactions: Hugg727

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Edit: I don’t want to drag someone thru the mud

Last edited:
Reactions: Hugg727

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Edit: I don’t want to drag someone thru the mud

Last edited:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
So basicly its like moving forward on a waiting list when you buy something you dont really want? Remind me of some brand...
He is performing like the AD from Rolex, you buy some shit for a lot of money which you do not want and you are number 1 on the waiting list for a daytona, not the perfect watchmaker for me.

Explorrertime

11/3/22
NL
Great write up and review! I just received mine today (clean 126710 BLRO DD3285). And I couldn't agree more with your review. I got the same problem with the rotor, it's insanely loud, movement weight sounds like an aerosol spray can to me. Going to contact my TD to see if they can send me a new screw as well.
Update: Noise problem solved! It turned out to be a loose rotor screw 😬 I just opened the caseback and removed the screw and tighten it again. Noise is gone for now!

P..DR..D

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Dammit, your pictures are convincing.
I swapped my batgirl to a good buddy, may have to add back to future list (alongside pepsi) looks v nice.