• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

finally an AP that i actually would buy

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
yes this AP is what i was waiting for , for long time i was trying to decide wich one is the AP for me till i saw this one
48mm big watch +1
it has gold numbers and pushers . i dont have any gold watches and this has just the necessary gold details (not 2 much) +1
amazing sexy fiber strap ! very bad boy looking +1
and ceramic case with beautifull brush effect another plus!
ill be waiting for this one to be my first AP .
ENJOY THE PICS FOR THOSE ONE THAT LIKE AP .

arnold1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Isn't that the new arnold?

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
but it will not be repped, and the strap is really poor in my opinion.

I could live with that on a nato :lol1: no but any black ap strap would be cool for it.
you're probably right that it wont be repped, but it still looks nice the black and gold

PecMan

4/5/09
yes

Isn't that the new arnold?

yes it is :) i got some more pics from the real thing

but it will not be repped, and the strap is really poor in my opinion.

it will not be rep? i dont c why not? they have the first arnold rep already

and the watch comes with another croc strap
i just think that fiber strap gives the watch a little bit of a war watch and not 2 dressy look

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Is that model with an open caseback?

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
I don't see a reason why not to rep it since the caseback is closed

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
easily to rep.......but they will get something wrong

I am always nice to noobs so here is the answer, this is a brand new case made in ceramic and it will take about a year until the case is finished.
It is not just a new dial which will fit in the existing cases. So, it is not easy to rep because they need to build the tools etc.....
So next time think about your comments please.
Sure it could be repped, the question is, is there a business case?

Imaknockov

18/1/11
I am always nice to noobs so here is the answer, this is a brand new case made in ceramic and it will take about a year until the case is finished.
It is not just a new dial which will fit in the existing cases. So, it is not easy to rep because they need to build the tools etc.....
So next time think about your comments please.
Sure it could be repped, the question is, is there a business case?

+1. People don't seem to realize that new tooling takes time, and may have to be revised several times in the process. At least the design is made with (mostly) rep-able materials: the Hublot reps have shown what can be done with ceramic, and Ti is also well in use. The biggest question mark would be that Kevlar (?) strap.

I would honestly love to see an innovative push from the rep factories in the form of a cloned LWO 283, which would allow for the proper caseback & date positioning, but I also realize that APs aren't nearly as popular (and thus lucrative) as something like Rolex, so realistically we can probably only expect so much from the reps.

PecMan

4/5/09
well guru that is good news! 1 year??? i have 1 year so save then ! lol
i like that detail they put on the case to match the pushers
well will c the watch but not this year i guess but factories make a lot of money! more than gen factories i guess lol

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
@ pacman, the question is the business case, the watch is 48mm, that means not so many people will buy it. Now are there any other dials or models which use the case? Get all this tooling just for one watch?
I like the watch too but I do not think it will be done because of the profit which will come from this project,

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
+1. People don't seem to realize that new tooling takes time, and may have to be revised several times in the process. At least the design is made with (mostly) rep-able materials: the Hublot reps have shown what can be done with ceramic, and Ti is also well in use. The biggest question mark would be that Kevlar (?) strap.

All the things you mentioned and you're worried about the kevlar strap? Dude...........there's already a kevlar rep strap and it's on the Top Gun. Plus, it is just as good as the gen

Imaknockov

18/1/11
All the things you mentioned and you're worried about the kevlar strap? Dude...........there's already a kevlar rep strap and it's on the Top Gun. Plus, it is just as good as the gen

My bad, I wasn't aware that the technology on the strap had already been repped successfully. All the better :)

Guru makes some very intelligent points, though: unless the casing on the real watch ends up being used for at least one or two more models, I don't know if it would be cost-effective for the rep factories to invest in making the model. Of course, time will tell, and something tells me that AP will be re-using the design.

PecMan

4/5/09
:)

@ pacman, the question is the business case, the watch is 48mm, that means not so many people will buy it. Now are there any other dials or models which use the case? Get all this tooling just for one watch?
I like the watch too but I do not think it will be done because of the profit which will come from this project,

i understand the problem guru i made a mistake thinking that since this is an arnold model it was the same case than the first 48mm arnold and the t3 plus the shaq , just like the royal oak offshore that i think keeps the same case.
but after looking at it i c what u say and there is a difference on the case

fadfa.jpg

just by the way the new case is sexier!

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
i understand the problem guru i made a mistake thinking that since this is an arnold model it was the same case than the first 48mm arnold and the t3 plus the shaq , just like the royal oak offshore that i think keeps the same case.
but after looking at it i c what u say and there is a difference on the case

fadfa.jpg

just by the way the new case is sexier!

Not completely the same case but I'd buy it even if it's not exactly 1:1. Looks damn sexy!

PecMan

4/5/09
yeap they did a little mod to the case , im sure if they do rep this one they would rep it just using the old case wich wouldbt be a big deal for me depending on the price of course :)

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Got a clue what those pusher looking things on the left side of the case are (the new arnold)