• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fifty Fathoms

garwalrep

Looking Around
23/8/08
I have searched and do not find where to acquire a fifty fathoms , I would like to know who has them and is there a really good one out there. This would be the three hand not the new chronograph.
Thanks so much for the information.

ochaves

30/9/09
Have you tryied with an AD? :)

Seriously, I know that Davidsen has good reps. Not cheap

You'll find contact info in the trusted dealers area.

Regards,

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
A bit of searching of the trusted dealers (and a couple of others) only comes up with chronos and fake tourbillons.
Seems that the plain vanilla isn't out there.

That leaves you with two choices - set your sights on something else ...
..... or stretch to $5-$10K+ for a used gen.

It's a shame that the bling factor is so prevalent and flashy chronos are everywhere while smart classics like this are neglected.

anonymus

Known Member
18/5/12
For garwalrep ...
Seems like the only place is ... Davidsen (see the trusted dealers section)
To see what he has ...
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/watchmmx/BLANCPAIN/

No idea on the price or availability - you'd have to email him

davidsens prices are fair for the blaincpains.. around 300-400 dependiing oon the combination.. and they do look really great (i dont own one YET but its next on the list and after research davidsen really is the best for the money..) next step is phong and then its closer to 1000 (then you get correct caseback and more gen-like movement) but still a big step up.. and the reviews i've seen from DSN are great i love these watches.. if dsn had stock in europe i'd allready own one but since living in germany i didnt want to risk the customs yet..

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
The new three hand model is being made by the Noobfactory, but expect the prices with the sapphire bezel to be above $500.

structsome0405

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/7/12
they do look really great (i dont own one YET but its next on the list and after research davidsen really is the best for the money
g.gif

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
The new three hand model is being made by the Noobfactory, but expect the prices with the sapphire bezel to be above $500.

Any rumors when? This should be some interesting stuff at last!!! If they get the bezel (at least the looks, since I've never ever been even close to a gen....) and the dial right it will be a killer combo!!!

haysy

24/10/11
Yes Bonesey tell us more about the rumours ;) I love this watch and being made by the Noobfactory it should be a high quality piece

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Noob are going to make it as gen as possible, thats their philosophy now, so the bezel and crystal sapphire are expensive and difficult for them to make but they should pull it off. Price of sapphire version will be $700ish I guess and mineral will be $3-400ish.

Should be out in 2/3 months if no major prod problems for hopefully the best rep of the year imho.

Yawn

Known Member
12/11/12
So are noob going to rep the modern ff or the vintage one.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Big delays with the sapphire bezel insert so noob maker is only working on it when there is spare time from other projects.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

DenisSpa

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/6/12
Would love to see this rep. Depending on how that sapphire bezel turns out it could be worth $500+... Somewhere in that AP range.

Saw the gen and the sapphire bezel is mind blowing!

? Noobtastic via the iPad

bambi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/14
seems like nobody is following this beautiful piece! anyways, got a email reply from puretime confirming there is a new version with sapphire, but only available in ss atm. I would of gotten it if it were in rg, but now considering to settle with the ss..

Boudou1er

Known Member
11/8/12
I love the fifty fathoms like you!
Did you pull the trigger on this watch and are you happy with the quality ?