• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Few quick snaps in the philippines

Semaj

27/12/11
Hey fellow rwg refugees, I haven't had Internet for 4 days I'd have though by now rwg would be back and active :( oh well **** those hacker c&nts! Anyways it's my 4th day in Manila and we went to green hills mall today, shop a few quick snaps. So many watches, need to barter of course, I picked up the Iwc for $50aud , there was heaps of Panerai breitling etc but crazy price for anything not 21j :facepalm: I'll be going back tomorrow, not as awesome as luths pics in his china thread back home which was recently resurrected but stil quite interesting.

I'm here until 22nd July, me thinks this will be just the tip of the iceberg of watch purchases here...

a81bc9c4.jpg

10898e94.jpg

64452382.jpg

gtwc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/10
Looks interesting.
I like the boxes that some of them come in - how much please?
Is quality (not movement but cosmetic) up to scratch?

I remember visting Subic Bay in the '70s - but that's another story.............

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Dame! There are quite a few that I like. Are the prices pretty much the same as our TDs here?

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
yep that's my country right there, just be careful on the streets, go to greenbelt 5 where all branded watches are located, it's also the same area where a rolex heist happened fyi guys

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
Neat, I was just there this morning! You don't want to be shopping for higher end reps (>$150) while you're there, as you'll be disappointed by the poor selection and the high asking prices. Even after hard bargaining, you'll still pay more than you would to the trusteds.

But it is possible to get great deals on the cheap stuff, and you might find a few cheap pieces that you've never seen before. Regardless, it's nice to see everything in front of you, and to be able to try them out. You'll also have an easier time of it in the Philippines than you would in GZ.

Semaj

27/12/11
Neat, I was just there this morning! You don't want to be shopping for higher end reps (>$150) while you're there, as you'll be disappointed by the poor selection and the high asking prices. Even after hard bargaining, you'll still pay more than you would to the trusteds.

But it is possible to get great deals on the cheap stuff, and you might find a few cheap pieces that you've never seen before. Regardless, it's nice to see everything in front of you, and to be able to try them out. You'll also have an easier time of it in the Philippines than you would in GZ.

Yeah I was there this morning too haha anything with a 7750 has an asking price of about $500usd but the stock standard 21j or hand wind is pretty much what you get from the td's. I also went to the jewellery story in the propped mall area, tried on a few of the liquid metals they had, now I u derstand why Jeff forked out, totally worth it imo. I'll be going back in a few days, get some more pics and pieces but price wise even after haggling it's similar to the td prices. Could have picked up a 1st gen fiddy, might still go back and get it but the movement wasn't decorated :-( the few Iwc I saw were good but I might wait to go to gz to go really seraulo. The best thing I saw all day was one of the shops had a ss briefcase with 20 slots, I asked but the lady wouldn't sell it to me :(

Lh, is there anywhere else that's good re watches near Manila?

Looks interesting.
I like the boxes that some of them come in - how much please?
Is quality (not movement but cosmetic) up to scratch?

I remember visting Subic Bay in the '70s - but that's another story.............

I'll find out re the boxes, cosmetic wise youd have to know what to look for but being who we all are us rep fanboys have a keener eye for detail then most. Glaring inaccuracies in most, less is some. Alot of quartz but I did see a ploprof clone eta for about 10000 -$250usd but orange strap :facePalm:

There are 7750's but @ twice the price of our td's and I cbf haggling for a watch I'm not going to buy, I don't like chrono's. The odd real nice Pam radiomir tho, I'll be picking one up, just had an incorrect crown and case back but $100 so can't be too picky.

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
Lh, is there anywhere else that's good re watches near Manila?

For second-hand pieces, there's a shop in the Intercon Hotel and another one in Glorietta 5. However, prices aren't too great. You'll have a much better time browsing pre-owned shops in Singapore and Hong Kong.

There are a couple of small shops at the top of Makati Cinema Square. It's a bit of a scuzzy mall that's better known for its pirated DVDs, but don't let that turn you off. There are often good pieces there, selling for reasonable prices. (If you like vintage Seikos, you're sure to buy something.). Good crowd there, too, with lots of hardcore collectors showing up with rare watches. Highly recommended.

Semaj

27/12/11
BrIlliant mate, I'm staying at peninsula for the next week so I'll definatly check that out. Rare seikos are right up my alley.

I can tell this is going to be an expensive holiday hah cest la vie. I'm back in sept and nov so this is pretty much a whet my appetite trip. Lay of the land. I think Ieant to move here, so cheap and lovely, current weather not included

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
Bleurgh... I can't even stand to watch someone eat that!