• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Female Newbie from Los Angeles

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
No pics and it didn't happen!

Sent from my iPhone because I'm such a addict I have to keep on here even when I'm not home.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Hi and welcome to the best watch forum on the net!
Great to have you!

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
Funny how all the other "welcome" threads have single digit posts... yet a woman gets greeted for 3 pages(so far).

:cheers:

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Welcome Sophia..used to live in LA...enjoy the forum

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
Welcome, and ignore the majority of avatars and the boobies thread!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
Welcome, and ignore the majority of avatars and the boobies thread!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Or add to them, your choice. :)

Sent from my iPhone because I'm such a addict I have to keep on here even when I'm not home.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Welcome to RWI and lock up the credit card!

sophia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/13
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

A Newbie question: Are the cheaper ones that are sold in the markets casing also made from cheaper steel than than ones from TD?

The AP Diver that we bought in Turkey for $160 US is getting a bit scratched up. I did not know if should expect that with a V5 from TD as well?

And Yes I will be in the market for a PAM for the bf soon, so I can borrow it ;)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Chances are what you bought may have been plated base metal rather than stainless steel. These do tend to scratch a lot easier.

No matter what it's made of a Cape Cod Cloth will get out any light scratches on a polished watch. You can buy one at most hardware stores for 5 bucks or so.

If a watch tends to be worn in an environment where scratching is an issue it's an idea to stick to brushed finish watches as a brushed finish will show a lot less marks and can be restored easily with a scouring pad made by 3M. These can be bought for a couple of dollars from paint supply stores, ask for a "3M red scouring pad". Simply brush over the affected area in the direction of the "grain".

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Sophie... imagine that you've just walked into a male prison yard. This yard is for the gentler and well behaved inmates, but they still don't get out much. Don't let that bother you though, they are harmless, except maybe to modding watches, then only the watch needs to be in fear of it's life. :)

A female perspective is very refreshing. Looking forward to having you around.

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
Funny how all the other "welcome" threads have single digit posts... yet a woman gets greeted for 3 pages(so far).

+1 on this.

I rarely seen a thread in new members section can get up to 4 pages in one day with all greetings and welcoming post...............:hehehe:

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
LOL. It doesn't matter if Sophia has a boyfriend... in a male-dominated forum, we all just come out of the woodwork when a woman joins and introduces herself. However, I think it's because we just find it so cool that a woman would find a fascination with rep watches; we are attracted like flies to a bug zapper.

arcadia

11/8/11
Welcome Sophia. On the other side of the coin, I also joined a female-dominated rep bags forum just for the heck of it. ;)

carlton

2/10/11
I also joined a female-dominated rep bags forum just for the heck of it. ;)

Is it RBC that you have join? I just join that forum few weeks ago, it is so hard to find information regarding their dealers there. It is like a highly classified information that anyone leak out any information are gonna be prostituted..........

I mean prosecuted..:hehehe:

sophia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/13
Rep bags! You said the magic ;)

Welcome Sophia. On the other side of the coin, I also joined a female-dominated rep bags forum just for the heck of it.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

:facepalm:

I'm still at 1 page. Don't you have your page view set to 40 posts?
Come on man, get with the times!