• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Favorite big watches

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
here is mine, 6.5" wrist

wp20130503011.jpg

Looks like you carry that well. It depends on the particular watch and how a guy carries it.

The Breitling Super Avenger is almost a must 'tho in super rep / franken acquisition. Give it a try OP.

smokiedabong

22/8/12
You could be 7' tall, 300lb, but your wrist could be 6,5". So, your height/weight have nothing to do with watches size.

True that, wrists are just bone, there's no muscle over them. Unless you are born with large wrists no amount of workout can help you out. Even when I was curling 150lb. and doing forearms with 100lb. my wrists stayed at 6.8' . I don't hate it cause it does make your arms look bigger. The only thing that can help you get bigger wrists is to increase your body fat considerably.

thedavidrush

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/4/13
Looks like you carry that well. It depends on the particular watch and how a guy carries it.

The Breitling Super Avenger is almost a must 'tho in super rep / franken acquisition. Give it a try OP.

Done and done. Thanks for the recommendation!

Luthier

30/9/09
I have 8,5" wrist, and 44mm watches are just fine on me. 48mm - OK, but anything bigger look, like a wall clock. Here's 48mm SA.

thedavidrush

Banned
27/4/13
See I think the 48mm Breitling is a good size. Anything less seems a little small.

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
I got the same issue with big hands. Tried on a gen Breit SA (48 mm) a few weeks ago just to size it. It's a massive hunk 'o steel without all the clownish crap u see in some of the other large pieces. It's my next get.

thedavidrush

Banned
27/4/13
These are my favorite big ones from my collection...

I think a Muller might be next on my list. How do you like yours? I love the gen version of that Bell&Ross, but I'm waiting for them to come out with a rep where the colors are a little more accurate.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
My 47mm 194 is my favorite "big" watch

DSC_0795.jpg

Can't go wrong with a vintage 6152/1 either

DSC_0800.jpg

thedavidrush

Banned
27/4/13
Those look great. My collection is still Panerai-less. I'm waiting for the PAM504 to come out in the next few weeks.