• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fake watches on Instagram - share them here

letterboxmind

29/7/13
This turk's selling beads and bracelets that can be bought off china suppliers for dollars, and he's reselling them for hundreds. Probably needs the cash to finance his next rep. :)

johnnyshredzz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/12
not sure if you guys are aware of @fakewatchbusta on instagram but he loves calling out rappers and he is extremely good at finding people with fakes. He even shows people how to tell the difference between a gen Audemars ROO and a $500 one that we can find from the trusted dealer. For now on I make sure I take a wrist shot from a couple feet away if I'm going to post something on the gram.

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
not sure if you guys are aware of @fakewatchbusta on instagram but he loves calling out rappers and he is extremely good at finding people with fakes. He even shows people how to tell the difference between a gen Audemars ROO and a $500 one that we can find from the trusted dealer. For now on I make sure I take a wrist shot from a couple feet away if I'm going to post something on the gram.

blingbling and distance between date window to tachy is easy to bust.

F4MES

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/14
lR63Y5w.png

Can someone tell me if this is fake? i have a hard time figuring out myself as datejusts is not my kinda watch.
The photo belongs to a girl i know.. who.. lets just say she likes to show off.

D

d4m.test

lR63Y5w.png

Can someone tell me if this is fake? i have a hard time figuring out myself as datejusts is not my kinda watch.
The photo belongs to a girl i know.. who.. lets just say she likes to show off.

I know nothing about datejust watches, but it looks fake to me. Wait for an expert to chime in.

Rolex logo on dial has a big round 'O' at the bottom that looks wrong. The logo is either crooked or not properly spaces in between the 11 and 1 o'clock markers. The SEL fit at the sides has big gaps, and the fit to the 1st link has a big gap. The magnification of the cyclops seems too low. Rehaut angle is either too shallow or is in two steps. Any other flaws are covered up by third party 'diamonds'.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
lol that rolex is VERY fake.
i know they make aftermarket dials that look like crap and people do buy them but that date font is terribly wrong. not to mention the giant crown.
canal st junk imo.

Dusk

I'm Pretty Popular
9/5/14
Gulf Coast of Florida
My mrs has a midsize DJ that I got her from Andrew and my mother has a gen datejust so I am speaking with a bit of experience. This is 1000% not gen and not a good rep either

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Is this Rose Gold schumi gen or rep. I know Anil Arjandas one is Gen but the date window of the foreground Schumi got me thinking it's a rep.
d955974db97dde005ab6c335cf6a440d.jpg

D

d4m.test

Tudor Monte Carlo 7169 with a Yuki dial on there. Not sure about the rest.

Os1Kjk5.jpg

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
Busted lol that's the one you were gonna get right raji?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Busted lol that's the one you were gonna get right raji?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly, but close. I got the grey version (7159) with the tachy bezel. But the models are very similar. I was looking for the blue one and saw this. I wasn't even looking for tells, but i guess if you stare at gens long enough the reps really do scream out to you.

Anyone recognize the name of Bob Maron (Robert Maron) Remember he was the dealer involved in the John Mayer fiasco.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/john-mayer-sues-watch-broker-689486

I went back and forth with this guy (@thehairywrist) for awhile, and he just denied, denied, denied. Rob Maron was the first guy i thought of. This guy also sells watches, and even when i told him it was a yuki dial, he claimed that he checked out the yuki dials and they weren't a match. Buuuuullshit.

Edit: lmao! To directly answer, no, i did not notice @bobmaron tagged in the picture. Wow. Went right over my head.