• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Facebook Group SCG WATCH LOVERS BEWARE

guyrichards69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/3/24
United Kingdom
Hi All,
beware of the above group know of someone that just got scammed for £300 on a DSSD James cameron from one of the mods on there, the group has now been shut down as far as i am aware but below are some of the details:

Seller: Liam Anthony
Based: Ireland Donegal
Bank Account Name: Krucovs Arturs
Bank details available on request

Seller offers the watch at what would be normal price, the Facebook group has multiple posts from buyers assuring that the seller by name is legit, however he sends payment details and when queried why name is different on the account he advises it's his cashier, cash gets sent then says it has not arrived and that it will probaly bounce back to your account in a few days, but he will send the watch as he trusts you......... which is the bit that confused me to start with, following day the tracking info is sent from a company called www.dpd-shipping.com which has all his details and your details and that the watch is shipping from ireland but they need a £300 refundable deposit for customs charges and stamps............ seller then comes back on messages asking if you have paid the import charges and that it is fine to do so as they are a trusted company.......... In other words and attempt to get another £300 out of you.

Facebook screen shots are available should anyone wish to see those or mods would like to turn into a sticky.

Suspect it was a eastern european with a little bit of knowledge of super reps and has set up an elaborate group and fake profiles to make it look legit along with a fake delivery website.

Be careful out there people...........

Reactions: cotti-rottie

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
It might be beneficial to post some of those screenshots for others. Even if his particular Facebook has been shut down, these scammers are like weeds, they keep coming back and popping up

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Facebook groups have been a breeding ground for not just scammy sellers but scammy buyers for 10 years

Frankly anyone buying or selling on there need to question themselves

They all end up here at RWI eventually :)

Reactions: Got20Mate

mww299

Looking Around
31/12/23
There appears to be multiple Facebook Groups and most based out of the "USA"! Are most of these confirmed as scammers? The all seem to be offering models from the Clean Factory.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Facebook marketplace is a cesspit, be careful and if possible avoid all together!

guyrichards69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/3/24
United Kingdom
the only one i have had any good deals on is scg which is run by x2 english blokes peter and lee had a few watches of there but now just stick to here

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
The thing I seen time and time again was the moment anyone said anything on the side of negative they got blocked and deleted, which removed all their comments