• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

F1 Last Race & Its Down To The Wire

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Even though I'm an Aussie I think Mark Webber is one of those over rated under achievers when it somes to F1.

I don't think he will it this weekend- if he does fantastic- all I want to see is good clean racing. I can just see Vettell and he getting tangled up together and handing it to Alonso.

I just hope it is a good clean race all round.

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
It looks like being a great finale. I'm so looking forward to this weekends sporting events.

As for F1 I'm hoping Webber, Vettell & Alonso all get caught up in a collision on the first bend leaving Hamilton with a clear run to claim the title. ;)

But that aint gonna happen. Webber has a great chance and if he does it all credit to him.

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
OOMMMGG!!!! i'm glad someone started this...i've been super busy I haven't had a chance!

Anyway I was crunching #'s at work and for those of you keeping scores:

Fernando Alonso
- A victory or second place in UAE will ensure he wins his third World title regardless of what the other contenders do
- If Webber wins, he needs to finish P2
- If Webber finishes P2, he needs to finish at least P5
- If Webber finishes P3, he needs to finish at least P6
- If Webber finishes P4, he needs to finish at least P8
- If Webber finishes P5, he needs to finish at least P9
- If Vettel wins, he needs to finish at least P4
- If Vettel finishes P2, he needs to finish at least P8

Mark Webber
- Webber can't afford to finish lower than fifth if he wants to stand any chance of winning his maiden Championship
- If he wins, Alonso needs to finish no higher than P3
- If he finishes P2, Alonso needs to finish no higher than P6 and Vettel no higher than P2
- If he finishes P3, Alonso needs to finish no higher than P7 and Vettel no higher than P2
- If he finishes P4, Alonso needs to be finish no higher than P9 and Vettel no higher than P2
- If he finishes P5, Alonso needs to finish P10 and Vettel no higher than P3

Sebastian Vettel
- Any position lower than second will see him finish the season empty handed
- If he wins, he needs Alonso to finish P5 or lower
- If he finishes P2, he needs Alonso to finish no higher than P9 and Webber no higher than P5

Lewis Hamilton
- He needs to win to stand any chance of winning a second title
- If he wins, Alonso needs to finish P11 or lower, Webber needs to finish P6 or lower and Vettel needs to finish no higher than P3

* Should Vettel win the race and finish level on 256 points with a fifth-placed Alonso, then the Red Bull driver will win the Championship. They will both have won the same amount of race victories (five), same amount of second-place finishes (two) and same number of third place finishes (three). The title will be decided by fourth-place finishes which Vettel leads three to two.
* Should Vettel win and Webber is second they'll finish on the same number of points but the German will take the honours as he will have five race victories to the Australian's four.

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
HHHOOOOLLLLYYYYSSSHHHHIIIITTTT!!!

It's Alonso's race to lose.... what in the hell is he doing in the middle :(

That's ok cuz i'm still rooting for Hammy :D

Lap25: If everyone stays where they are and Vettel blows his engine, Hammy gets another title w00t w00t!!

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Sorry folks, my vote goes to Sebastian Vettel :D

I'm busy hoping Alonso fries his engine

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
bWHAhAHaHa oh lord... kubica goes to pit and comes out infront of Alonso AND Petrov.... talk about kicking someone while they're down... Alonso must be pissed!

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
wow.....

Doc - wish granted!

just a small observation - i thought it was a baby girl crying over the radio but nope, just Vettel ;)

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
This is the reason why i miss Ross Brawn in Ferrari, Stefano makes too many mistakes when it counts

Driver's title - lost
Constructor's 2nd place - lost too! (to McLaren nonetheless)

... just in one race! :sigh:

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
I can't really say I'm overly fond of Vettel - but this makes the whole circus a lot more interesting :)