• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer II

Badge1311

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/15
Hi all!

I have recently bought a rolex explorer II from Dubai (before i joined on here). I like the look of the watch and just use it for an everyday watch as it wasn't expensive compared to the others i bought, the only thing is the seconds hand is quite jerky and the watch is dying even when on a auto winder. Was just wondering if i could get a better movement for to fit it and if so what would it be? Im clueless with this stuff so would appreciate any help you's can give. Im sorry if there is any details i need to enclose about the watch in order for your help but I wouldn't know what to tell you's, if it can be explained i will try my best to find out. Thanks alot!

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
Hi all!

I have recently bought a rolex explorer II from Dubai (before i joined on here). I like the look of the watch and just use it for an everyday watch as it wasn't expensive compared to the others i bought, the only thing is the seconds hand is quite jerky and the watch is dying even when on a auto winder. Was just wondering if i could get a better movement for to fit it and if so what would it be? Im clueless with this stuff so would appreciate any help you's can give. Im sorry if there is any details i need to enclose about the watch in order for your help but I wouldn't know what to tell you's, if it can be explained i will try my best to find out. Thanks alot!

If you said your Explorer II was much cheaper then its probably a 21J. You would have to open up the caseback to see. You can probably order a 21J gmt movement from cousinsuk, and have a trusted watch smith swap it out pretty cheap. However, if you were to upgrade the movement, you would have to find new hands, and a dial because those were built for the 21J. But for all the effort you might just want to upgrade to a Noob V2 with a more reliable A2836 movement. I've been down this road before. It's a painfull road, and in the end you probably won't be happy for the money you'll have to sink into it. Actually, I guarantee you won't be happy. I hope that helps some.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
^^^^ Wot he said ^^^^

Badge1311

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/15
Thanks alot. Helpful advice think ill just put the money towards a new one! Cheers