• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption

Alexander The Great

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/21
EU
This is what Puretime just replied to my question on their page here : "'Sorry we are looking for solutions for this matter, are you able to provide us with an iOSS number?"

Doesn't look like they have an answer yet.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Platforms such as Aliexpress, Amazon, Ebay register for IOSS as well. They can have merchants that are selling through their platform us their IOSS registration. Individual TD's will never register for IOSS and will need to use an IOSS intermediary.

I just checked the price difference for some more expensive articles for delivery to Germany and to Switzerland and UK. Thats quite funny. The prices for Germany are on average 2% higher. If they declare the correct price, the difference should be 19%. So they probably do, what they always have done - they declare a very low value and now pay VAT on this ;-)

Last edited:

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
This is what Puretime just replied to my question on their page here : "'Sorry we are looking for solutions for this matter, are you able to provide us with an iOSS number?"

Doesn't look like they have an answer yet.

Do you have infos, if 4px has implemented this system and if the TDs using 4px are automaticly involved in IOSS?

mercurio007

this is the latest information I have on 4px, two days old

hello! At present, we have been informed by the agent that due to the impact of the new European tax reform rules, in order to avoid the impossibility of customs clearance caused by the new European tax reform rules, we will suspend the collection and delivery of packages from EU countries, and resume the collection after the completion of the system
collect
Countries involved: Austria at, Belgium be, Bulgaria BG, Cyprus cy, Croatia HR, Czech Republic CZ, Denmark DK, Estonia EE, Finland fi, France fr, Germany De, Greece GR, Hungary Hu, Ireland ie, Italy it, Latvian LV, Lithuania LT, Luxembourg Lu, Malta MT, Netherlands NL, Poland PL, Portugal Pt, Romania RO, Slovakia SK, Slovenia Si Spain es, Sweden se
Products involved: 4px-s package surface mail + B1
4px-s packet registration
Xinyou EMS

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe

Alexander The Great

26/1/21
EU
Thank you for the update, much appreciated.

Seems sensible to "suspend" until they get their side sorted.

Just hope it's not too long before they un-suspend :thumbsup:
In the mean time maybe we can have everything shipped to a friend of yours in Northern Ireland, you will pick it up there and then resend to us in mainland :)

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Of course, they knew everything for a long time, they could think of this beforehand :bash:

Thats true, and am sure itll be sorted.
I'm the eternal optimist, and my order hasnt been shipped yet, I'll worry about it properly when shipped ;)

For now, it's one day closer to the weekend so :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
Well the German customs office didn't give a flying fuck about their own statement.
My package was in customs since the 26th .Today it came and it was taxed after the new law with 13€

c.dimitri

24/11/19
Well the German customs office didn't give a flying fuck about their own statement.
My package was in customs since the 26th .Today it came and it was taxed after the new law with 13€

So, that means you didn't have to pick it up at customs and didn't have to open it, right? You only had to pay 13€ on top?

Alexander The Great

26/1/21
EU
So how did they determine the value on which to charge the VAT? If I calculate correctly did you declare a value of Eur68? Did you have to show proof of payment and the invoice from the TD?

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
It wasn't a TD order .Just a Ceramic bezel for a hublot big bang .I bought it from a watch seller on AliExpress that can source parts for you .It did not appear to be opened .Value was 73€ I think. They just slapped a green sticker on "Taxed"/Verzollt and attached a note with the explanation of the new law and how much I have to pay them for handling.The Custom deceleration on the package was 86$ Watch bezel

Alexander The Great

26/1/21
EU
It wasn't a TD order .Just a Ceramic bezel for a hublot big bang .I bought it from a watch seller on AliExpress that can source parts for you .It did not appear to be opened .Value was 73€ I think. They just slapped a green sticker on "Taxed"/Verzollt and attached a note with the explanation of the new law and how much I have to pay them for handling.The Custom deceleration on the package was 86$ Watch bezel
In a sense you were still lucky it was only a bezel you ordered. I am afraid that now most packages that were not sent with an IOSS registration, will be opened by the customs to determine the value for VAT and customs duty. If they open it and find a rep watch they will confiscate it and want you to pay for the cost of destruction. Out of own experience I have learned it is best not to reply to them if they send you a notification. In my case I was lucky and TrustyTime send me replacements for free.