• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dumb Question.......

Elazarus

17/3/06
Why do some people put the same post on 3 different forums???

Being a forum owner myself, I always wondered why?

Can someone clue me in?

E

D

d4m.test

depends, are they trying to sell/trade something? or is it just a round about post? now I know there are ppl on other forums that aren't here, and vice versa.. guess what they want to say is so important they want EVERYONE to know about it ;) plus.. this should have been put in the 'off-topic' section.. moved for ya E..

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
Being that alot of us are members of all the forums, maybe it is just safe to assume they are A-HOES.

brian_05

Known Member
16/3/06
Because only one or two people go to more than one forum, and they are looking for a variety of answers ??

Or . . .

Because most everybody goes to all the forums, and they are looking for a certain answer . . . and now have three times the chance !!

Or . . .

Their question is SOOOOOooooooo important, they want to make sure everybody everywhere can see it . . . over . . . and over . . . and over . . .

B

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
Or maybe their mamas just taught them how to scrub boxes with soap at a very early age.

sevomd

Renowned Member
31/3/06
There are many people who are members of RWG and TRC who are not members here. If one doesn't want to see the same post more than one time than maybe one shouldn't visit other forums.

Eddy

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
Elazarus said:

Being a forum owner myself, I always wondered why?

Can someone clue me in?

E

You know, I often wonder the same thing. I visit some of the other sites on occasion but find it is like visiting the same site over and over. Thats why I stay here. No reason to keep reading the same post in different fonts.

Elazarus

17/3/06
I guess I should take my tongue out of my cheek......

as I put up this question for a little fun.

As the owner of ViaPaneristi.....I do not go to Paneristi.com or Time Zone to see whatis going on as there is nothing that they say that I care to see.

Plus the fact that I cannot post on either forum doubles the fun.

I see so many people here...like right now, LeitztoZeiss lurking but never posting....it just makes me wonder why.

E

Chicken Manny

22/3/06
For some reason there are very cool people that stick to only one forum most of the time. I find myself here first but I do check out the other forums. Most of the difficult people at some sites post all day long but there are some great members that just hang back. I wish I could find them at one place but everybody finds their own home.

.02 [smilie=icon_rr.gif]

leitztozeiss

Known Member
27/3/06
I really like this forum, especially the 'for sale' posting policy. I mostly lurke here, that is true. I do post sometimes. Keep in mind also, that I keep all three forums open in my browser in different tabs, so it might appear that I'm in a particular thread or board all day long.

I like keeping up with the three forums, because there are times when one or two goes down. Live and let live. To each there own.

leitztozeiss

Known Member
27/3/06
Also, some people post items to sell only on one forum and not others for a variety of reasons, such as not having VIP/supporter status or not have a digital camera. So, I like checking out all of the forums for things to buy.

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
leitztozeiss said:
Also, some people post items to sell only on one forum and not others for a variety of reasons, such as not having VIP/supporter status or not have a digital camera. So, I like checking out all of the forums for things to buy.

And I am very fortunate to have made a great transaction with you today here on RWI. :p

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Elazarus said:
Because I want as many people as possible to see my lovely, wonderful pictures. :D

I try to stick to this forum for all the usual stuff, but stuff like how-tos should be shared with as many people as possible. Some people can't connect to this forum due to the fact their entire ISP is blocked (like me, I use a proxy at work to get here) and that doesn't mean they don't deserve my superb pearls of ultimate wisdom ... aka crap.

Now, stuff like "Where's $DEALER_NAME?" or "Who's got teh bs3t szubz0rs?" is irritating, but forgivable, on one forum. To see it plastered across all three is just plain impolite.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
sevomd said:
There are many people who are members of RWG and TRC who are not members here. If one doesn't want to see the same post more than one time than maybe one shouldn't visit other forums.

Eddy

Nice way of putting it. WHo cares really?