• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DSSD - SUB C Pearl Mod

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I doubt it's sapphire, chances are it could be a small plastic shield. Either way, creating a 3 part pearl like this shows that they are aware of the pearl issues and hopefully working on putting pearls like this on more reps. Fingers crossed they release updated ceramic versions with pearls like this!

mkalbaker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/8/10
I doubt it's sapphire, chances are it could be a small plastic shield. Either way, creating a 3 part pearl like this shows that they are aware of the pearl issues and hopefully working on putting pearls like this on more reps. Fingers crossed they release updated ceramic versions with pearls like this!

What puzzles me is the fact that they replicated as far as the movement and still they cant produce this easy to make pearl lol

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
Variant Number 1: making the pearl and gluing her into place.

DSCN1719.jpg

DSCN1720.jpg

DSCN1722.jpg

DSCN1721.jpg

Version 2 adding epoxy to the bottom and building in stages.
DSCN1724.jpg

DSCN1727.jpg
very nice work...well done, i think both variants are exceptional. now if only the makers can take the extra time and patience to produce these pearls then i believe the rollies with be practically flawless. Once again great work.