• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DSN 5218-205/A pictorial review [PICS HEAVY]

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
DSN has been the best (only?) option for Pre-V complete watches for as long as I've been a member here. These new iterations are really good and would have been the stuff of legends prior to FGD/rolli and their efforts.

rolli

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/5/07
genuine preV dials had not so thick indices.

to copy the wrong gen pictures as reference would be wrong.

camera distortions based on the fish-eye effect from the camera lenses make here and there the indices fatter
and displaces all elements on the picture.

and second it also happens when the camera is to near at the object.

that's why all davidsen prev and prea dials are wrong. i think he had a wrong consulter.

this have nothing to do with owm swiss dials.

regards

rolli

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Rolli, the amount of study and effort you put in your dials is totally unparalled.
I am still quite a noob, but your 036 dial looks incredible and I am looking forward (and saving :)) to see how your next dials will look.

Regarding the depth of the engravings, I don't know if Davidsen has the correct depth, but one thing is sure: the 205 dials I have seen in various pics all show very deep engravings and a characteristic application of lume material that remains well under the level of the dial.
Imho DSN did a good job with them, these dials are a good starting point to approach a Pre-V model, and are priced accordingly.
Imho of course :)

rolli

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/5/07
of coirse you can make a simple assessment, but the members who are inexperienced should know what is correct and what not

regards

rolli

Rolli, the amount of study and effort you put in your dials is totally unparalled.
I am still quite a noob, but your 036 dial looks incredible and I am looking forward (and saving :)) to see how your next dials will look.

Regarding the depth of the engravings, I don't know if Davidsen has the correct depth, but one thing is sure: the 205 dials I have seen in various pics all show very deep engravings and a characteristic application of lume material that remains well under the level of the dial.
Imho DSN did a good job with them, these dials are a good starting point to approach a Pre-V model, and are priced accordingly.
Imho of course :)