• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Don't tell Omega but

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Andrews 4th gen ETA PO is really the best. I've been wearing the black PO all week and every time I look at it I'm reminded of what an outstanding value it is. The watch is just remarkable. I'm so glad I got this one. 8)

200607130102rb.jpg

200607130114lv.jpg

lincoln

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/06
So many good comments. I put my order in yesterday. Am getting the 2006 Black PO with the orange numbers. I can't wait!!! :)

eLiNK

2/4/06
Joshua seems to have new stock of POs.

Does anyone happen to know if he has the same watches?

(the pictures of the back are brocken)

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
lincoln said:
So many good comments. I put my order in yesterday. Am getting the 2006 Black PO with the orange numbers. I can't wait!!! :)

Nice choice take some pics when it arrives, we all want to see it.

ljay

23/4/06
lincoln said:
Nice Choice....I actually plan on putting a black bezel on my pumpkin to give it a new look... if, I can find one.

Ljay

lincoln

2/7/06
OK, so it arrived safe and sound VERY quickly from Andrew, but I just wanted to check the measurements. I orderd the 42.5mm and I was wondering if this includes the crown or is it just the bezel?

Thanks

madSub

14/4/06
The 42.5mm in my opinion is too small, and the 45mm is too big and doesn't sit right. Have heard this from other members as well. 42.5mm includes the BIG crown... you will be surprised... it looks like a woman's watch in my opinion.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
WTF?? 42.5 small to you, you must be one BIG woman.LMAO :lol:

lincoln

2/7/06
It appears that the bezel is 42.5 and with the crown it's 45, but there isn't a 45mm on Andrew's website, so I'm nicely confused!

I have a 6.5" wrist, so this is looking a bit too big for me, hence the question...

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I don't believe that one is available in the 45mm, email Andrew and ask, if it is he can get it I'm sure. But that model you have was just released as a rep so it may be a little bit before the 45 comes around.

Got this one from Andrew yesterday.
42.5mm
20060719006sm2.jpg

lincoln

2/7/06
I just pulled out the tape measure again and it appears it's 43mm, so ignore me! I'm going mad. Unfortunatey, Andrew appears to have forgotten to include the link removal tool, so I can't wear it for another few days! Oh the agony!

It's very nice though. Very very nice :)

Here's a pic:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Nice watch. Maybe you could run it by your local guy for a quick sizing.

lincoln

2/7/06
Not to worry, have already paid for the tool, so I'm sure it'll arrive soon enough. Watch is for my birthday at the end of the month, so I shouldn't be wearing it just yet anyway! :) Thanks

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Well it seems you got a very nice gift. 8) You can be sure if you ordered from Andrew its coming.

lincoln

2/7/06
Had a good look at a real Planet Ocean today. First thing is that you can get my new rep in 45mm for those of you with big wrists! The weight of both watches is very similar, as is the finish of the bracelet. The two main things I noticed though (besides the fairly obvious omega logo being too low) are the seamaster base on the bottom of the watch looks very clean, whilst on the rep it looks good, but it still looks stuck on. The engraving on the band is also not as precise. I guess it's an easy thing to fix with a genuine bracelet.

The other thing the watch store spoke about was the co-axial movement in the PO. Does the rep use the same movement or is it a cheaper ETA movement? He mentioned that it was made by ETA, so I as wondering if the rep used the same movement...

It really is an impressive watch. I'm glad I bought it. I think I want a normal seamaster with the thinner case as my next one :)

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
lincoln said:
The other thing the watch store spoke about was the co-axial movement in the PO. Does the rep use the same movement or is it a cheaper ETA movement? He mentioned that it was made by ETA, so I as wondering if the rep used the same movement...

That's a heavily modified, expensive and revolutionary Co-Axial movement in the genuine. How could the $200 rep use the same movement? Our reps are amazing, but with all due respect... get real!!!

Omega and ETA are both owned by the Swatch group. So it's natural this it's an ETA-based movement inside Omega. But it's horologically light years more sophisticated than the basic movements that we find in reps. Why do you think it costs over 10 times more?