• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Don't ever

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
jb said:
horologie_unitas said:
i am having a very hard time here in the US because Americans do not get sarcasm at all

i just recently told my psychologist: Doch, you need to help me ! i am having such a hard time making friends in this country, you cocksucker !

is that funny ?

I don't get it.

I get it. And You got it from The Dice Man! :D

If everyone is offened by something, then it is impossible not to offend anybody.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
pugwash said:
horologie_unitas said:
i just recently told my psychologist: Doch, you need to help me ! i am having such a hard time making friends in this country, you cocksucker !
Last time I was in the US, I was treated very badly and, for the love of Allah, I still don't know why. :shock:

:lol:

rotflmao2.gif

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
coop said:
jb said:
horologie_unitas said:
i am having a very hard time here in the US because Americans do not get sarcasm at all

is that funny ?

I don't get it.

I get it. And You got it from The Dice Man! :D

If everyone is offened by something, then it is impossible not to offend anybody.

Who's "The Dice Man?"

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Comedian Andrew "Dice" Clay. You dont know him? I dont think he is around anymore, but back in the day he was rude, crude, and funny!

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
coop said:
Comedian Andrew "Dice" Clay. You dont know him? I dont think he is around anymore, but back in the day he was rude, crude, and funny!

I’m just F’ing around, Coop. :lol: I got the first post.

Believe it or not, ADC is doing live shows at a restaurant not for from my place tonight and tomorrow night.

Check this out:
“http://www.andiamoshowroom.com/shows.htmâ€

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
I wonder if he is as funny as he used to be. I saw him here in St. Louis years ago, and I was exhuasted from laughing so hard! He kinda went down hill though from what I heard.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
pugwash said:
horologie_unitas said:
Last time I was in the US, I was treated very badly and, for the love of Allah, I still don't know why. :shock:

:lol:
Ahh. Whatta you know from funny?

:)

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
seank1 said:
I thought it was funny. Seanf is pretty well written BTW. I'm just siding with him because we have the same name. I'm pretty shallow like that. Seriously though is making light of that subject like yelling bomb inside an airplane? Because that the way some people reacted. Of all the people that frequent here on a regular basis was there anyone who thought he wasn't being sarcastic. Have you read anything by Seanf before? My God I'll say it, though its been said before, LIGHTEN UP.

Sean K

OK, I was going to stay out of this, but I think I need to clear something up. In response to Seank's comment, yes, of course, I am fully aware of the allegations of mod abuse in the past. Which was kind of the entire point of my original posting. I am a firm believer that one of the most effective ways of addressing a somewhat sensitive subject--and, in some circumstances, perhaps, the only way--is through humor. If you personally didn't find it funny, OK, fair enough. But what really bothers me is how some people not only missed the humor, but they also interpreted the thread in the exact opposite manner in which I intended it. Just to clarify-- and I should have thought this was obvious by the reference to FURRYSEX in the poll itself--I was in no way advocating that any mod should get any special treatment. And, to be quite blunt, it offends me greatly that anyone could think that I would take such a position.

Again, if you didn't find it funny, OK. As Pug said-- humor isn't universal. But the flip side of that is that just because you didn't get the joke or the humor doesn't necessarily mean that others found it similarly humorless.

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
coop said:
I wonder if he is as funny as he used to be. I saw him here in St. Louis years ago, and I was exhuasted from laughing so hard! He kinda went down hill though from what I heard.

I have a feeling that the material is going to be the same. The radio ads they are running are just a bunch of sound clips of his old jokes.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
"too much of funny"

I think people having a serious discussion about replica watches is funny. :lol: I mean really is there anything funnier than a bunch of guys devoting so much time to fake watches.. :lol: :lol: Oh, and the word 'cocksucker' is a funny word. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
Ahhh the Diceman....He sure abused the hell out of poor old Mother Goose. Does anyone remember these?

Mary Mary Quite contrary,
Trim that pussy, it's too damn hairy.

Or....

Hickory dickory dock
This chick was sucking my c**k
The clock struck two
I shot my goo
And dropped the bitch on the next block

Then the always quaint....

Little Jack Horner sat in a corner
Eating a pizza pie
He shit pepperoni
Then blew his friend Tony
And wiped his mouth on his tie

This is American humor at it's most crass, yet when I first heard it, my friends and I roared with laughter.
To each his own. :lol:

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
pugwash said:
seanf said:
Again, if you didn't find it funny, OK. As Pug said-- humor isn't universal. But the flip side of that is that just because you didn't get the joke or the humor doesn't necessarily mean that others found it similarly humorless.
It got funny when you stated taking offence at people running with your joke.

Come on, that was funny. :D

Pugs, I have absolutely no problem with people running with the joke. But that's not what happened in the thread. What happened was some people obviously didn't get it and thought I was being serious about making it a mod policy to get free swag. Alternatively, I guess people thought it was "insensitive" to post something like that in light of the previous allegations of mod abuse.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
OMG,

dont find it funny.. move on.. who cares.. too bad the need to always make a comment overides ones common sense waaaay too often around here!

Midol, Pamprin,, it dont care.. go take something.. get through your time of the month..

When I see a thread that I dont really agree with or care much about.. I simply dont post in it,, therefore,, I dont follow it, because I dont care.. If things go wrong and I am obligated by my fiduciary duty then I may post a comment.. but.. why sit here and argue just to argue..

"No matter what you say, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously"

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
daytona4me said:
OMG,

dont find it funny.. move on.. who cares.. too bad the need to always make a comment overides ones common sense waaaay too often around here!

Midol, Pamprin,, it dont care.. go take something.. get through your time of the month..

When I see a thread that I dont really agree with or care much about.. I simply dont post in it,, therefore,, I dont follow it, because I dont care.. If things go wrong and I am obligated by my fiduciary duty then I may post a comment.. but.. why sit here and argue just to argue..

"No matter what you say, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously"

D4M, I think you may need to modify your sig line to read "No matter what you say, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously, even if it involves furrysex."

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Speaking of funny, what ever happened to darksideDP? Or was it DPdarkside?

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
coop said:

I think he's on tour now. I caught him a few weeks ago singing at an airport hotel bar. Didn't draw the crowds like he used to, but the dude still has it.

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
coop said:

He didn’t like our non-existent sense of humor either, so he left.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
coop said:

D.P...Now he was a funny guy..I saw one of his quotes just the other day and could not stop laughing.. :lol: