• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does this U-Boat Flightdeck look like a scam?

golgi

MULTI ACCOUNT
17/6/09
Check this auction out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-U-BOAT-Flightde ... 286.c0.m14

The first picture (hands at 10 & 2) looks like a nice genuine catalog photo. I compared it to pics on U-Boat's site and the watches look the same. However, if you compare the other pics he has, which must have been taken by the seller, show a noticeable difference. The stem on the 6 is considerably shorter, as well as the length of the 1 and 2 at the 12 o'clock position. Additionally, the pushers look completely different from the catalog photo to the actual watch photo.

I also read a few hundred of this guy's 5000!!+ reviews and one person called him out as selling fakes. He only rebuttled "Full Refund Issued"

Looks like lots and lots have been scammed by this guy.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
lots and lots have been scamed by this guy ?

1250 positive feedback ( and look at the high class watches he is selling )

and only 5 negative ? come on, i dont think he is a scamer.....

and about the UBOAT.....no, it looks as shitty as this in real !

BlueRod37

8/5/09
so many sales, i always wonder how they could sell such valuable watches where they get them from

golgi

MULTI ACCOUNT
17/6/09
Hmmm...ok. I wonder why there is such an appreciable difference between the gen photo from U-Boat's site and the actual photos on this guy's auction. Does U-Boat purposefully post photos that are not correct in order to confuse the replica factories from producing high quality reps? I have heard that some companies do that.

@horlogie_unitas: I realize that he has a high number of positive points in his feedback, but that doesn't always mean he's on the up and up. I for one, if I bought a U-Boat, have no AD even in my state to confirm it. Also, some scammers use multiple eBay accounts to drive up feedback scores.