• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DOES THE BOARD DECIDE WHAT THE RIGHT OPINION IS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soren

27/7/08
The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:
"guanaco crawl into your jungle and get educated......"

Try another racist remark like that and see how far it gets you.

thats what i received....... u may agree with me or not....but what Guanaco called me was ok? is this a dictator =?

my remark was over the top.,...but was posted after he called me lot of bad names

markharris

2/4/09
soren said:
The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:

Try another racist remark like that and see how far it gets you.

thats what i received....... u may agree with me or not....but what Guanaco called me was ok? is this a dictator =?
i thought this was a watch forum not a slagging off forum wot you on about :?:

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
This board is not a democracy. We are all ALLOWED to be members here at the pleasure of the board owner(s). So, you are *not* free to post whatever you wish.

As staff members here we are obligated to clean-up/police comments and behaviors that may be offensive to the membership at large.

I think any reasonable person would take your quote about crawling into the jungle as a negative comment about where guanaco lives.

My suggestion would be to heed his advice and think twice before you post something like that again - to ANY member.

BlueRod37

8/5/09
i'm sorry Soren
but when i saw u wrote this, i told myself that it was kind of "too much",

I don't know is the word racist applys (because i don't believe in RACES, just skin color)

but "crawl into the jungle and get educated" is -to me- quite ( or very) rude.

sorry Soren

iphreak

Renowned Member
28/8/09
idiomea said:
i'm sorry Soren
but when i saw u wrote this, i told myself that it was kind of "too much",

I don't know is the word racist applys (because i don't believe in RACES, just skin color)

but "crawl into the jungle and get educated" is -to me- quite ( or very) rude.

sorry Soren

+1

Uk Watch services

Vendor (Watch Repair)
6/6/09
Ah, I misread what you were saying. Yeah im not surprised you were warned.

Sounds like it could very well be construed as being racist to me.

Mobius

I'm Pretty Popular
Guanaco has been a pretty upstanding guy in everything I've seen. I think that the warning you got is more than fair. I don't know of many forums online that would allow a comment like that no matter what the context was.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
soren said:
Quote:

You have defined your basic character with this statement, soren. I think you are the one who needs to open his mind and re-evaluate where you are coming from.

soren

27/7/08
i agree my remark was over the top...and im sorry......

just for the fact...it was posted after..Guanaco called me many bad names

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Can you point me to the post where he called you "many bad names", please?

I'm trying to sort this all out...

markharris

2/4/09
i think you asked the wrong question the board do NOT force there opinions on anyone all express there opinions freely but there there to take care of all members including yourself so no one gets abused on this forum its a freindly place to be and

soren

27/7/08
it was in the shoutbox.....

but first of all im sorry abouth my comment....but it was after guanaco called me bad names

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
u are all big pussys :lol:
buy some watches and stop whining !! :wink:

benshermin

Known Member
12/6/09
Fiddo said:
soren said:
Quote:

You have defined your basic character with this statement, soren. I think you are the one who needs to open his mind and re-evaluate where you are coming from.

Agree with the above

D

d4m.test

If being called a terrorist supporting buffoon is what you are refering to soren... Well, I would nearly have to agree with Guanaco on that one.
I went back and read you comments in the shoutbox, and they were less than kind.
I really dont care what your opinion is... In most cases I dont even care that you spout off at the suck hole every time you feel the need... But dont come to a forum where there are MANY MANY people who have, do or will defend the US with all their might and expect THOSE comments to be taken kindly.
Your DARN lucky I wasnt involved with the conversation.

Now I will agree with PecMan... shut the hell up and go buy a watch (from a trusted dealer of course!)

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
As chief admin of RWI, let me speak on this... we do not decide what opinion's are right and wrong... but, this is a watch forum, not a political one...

I am an American, and a firm believer in the Constitution of the US... therefore, I believe everyone has the right to say that which they wish to, no matter how repugnant I may think it is... the purest form of the First Amendment is someone yelling at the top of their lungs that which you would spend a lifetime arguing at the top of yours to quote a movie...

In other parts of the world, terrorism is not just one act, it is years upon years... guanaco knows this personally due to where he is now... my wife is from Peru and can tell stories of the terrorism there... don't even get me started about Israel where terrorism is practically a daily occurrence... other regions experience terrorism as well...

For Americans, the audacity of the attack was shocking and has stayed with us... we don't deal with terrorism daily and the face of war is not seen by us so closely...

So... things were said... on both sides... and looking at it, I think it was really over somewhat of a misunderstanding... so, let's ease back and remember that we are here for watches, not political insight and debate...

@soren - Your membership here is a privilege... one extended to you by the ownership of this board... that you have not been banned after your comment, especially taking into account that 3 members on staff are either from jungle countries, or married to women from them, should be proof that we are pretty open-minded...

soren

27/7/08
I agree with u legend,,,,,,,,,,

this a watch site... i will no more discuss politics here,,,,,,,,

lets end it here...and enjoy watches

just find the warning unfair,,,,,,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.