• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does the A2892 have uni-directional or bi-directional winding?

photoman9988

Known Member
Certified
16/4/11
I just got a V7F IWC Ingenieur in hand, and I noticed the rotor is a bit noisy, sort of like another watch I have that runs the Miyota 9015. I'm just wondering if the winding on this movement is uni-directional, or if I have a damaged watch?

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Patron
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Speaking in broad terms, the eta clones tend to be quieter than the miyotas. You may just need a little lubricant on the rotor bearings. It's easy to do- but be sure you use the proper lubricant- and less is best.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

shomfo_8005

Getting To Know The Place
12/7/24
Hi there, sorry for suddenly jumping in, couple of quick questions if you wouldn't mind.

I'm also eyeing for V7F ingenieur and would like to know if the movement is capable of instant date change at midnight? I read from the tech sheet that the original eta2982 has 51 degree lift angle, does the same holds true for the movement used in the v7f ingenieur? thanks

shomfo_8005

Getting To Know The Place
12/7/24
Since it's a direct copy of the ETA 2892, I would expect the same lift angle
thank you sir, most of the qc videos showing timegrapher usually set at 52 degree, suppose it would not make a major difference towards the result then

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
For our purposes I always leave my lift angle set to 52°. Nothing I'm doing requires that precise of adjustment.... If I need that precise of time keeping I'm better off using my phone anyway...

Reactions: shomfo_8005

photoman9988

Known Member
Certified
16/4/11
Forgot to update this. In case anyone comes across this post with the same concern, it was definitely an issue with the movement itself.

I sent this one back for a refund 2 days after getting it, and recently purchased a new one. I got it in yesterday, and the rotor is MUCH better on the new one.

Reactions: shomfo_8005