• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DOA Watch - Shipped Back to China

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Here's an example of how packages are treated in the Chinese postal system. It's not suprising a few arrive damaged.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BWgviZZi7lM

If I ever receive a DOA, I am defiantly sending it to a smith here in the US.
I would rather haggle with the TD for a discount on my next order than leave it to China Post or lost in China transit.
I thought UPS was a disaster, but after watching that video and reading the 3 to 4 month wait time, I prefer to have a good service done on a watch I really wanted. After the service, it should be fine for years.

ACL-REP

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/19
Seattle, WA
If I ever receive a DOA, I am defiantly sending it to a smith here in the US.
I would rather haggle with the TD for a discount on my next order than leave it to China Post or lost in China transit.
I thought UPS was a disaster, but after watching that video and reading the 3 to 4 month wait time, I prefer to have a good service done on a watch I really wanted. After the service, it should be fine for years.

So true, I was really surprised to learn how bad the postal system is over there! (I will know what to do from now on :))

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Well, 31/2 months after attempting to return my DOA Omega PO chrono to Li at JTime we decided that either the Chinese postal service or customs must have stopped it. :culpability:

So we came to an agreement to meet halfway on a replacement. I thought that was pretty fair of Li to do that for me.

He was able to get almost the same model but this time it has the rubber/nylon band.
No problem there as it's kind of a nice change from my other divers. (Ironically it's the only one that can't dive! :p)

The new watch arrived today in good working order and looking great!

I just wanted to update this post and to send a big THANK YOU to Li jtimewatch for his great communication throughout this long process and for meeting me halfway.

Also, if anyone needs to return a DOA watch, don't do it. Just work something out with your TD to get it fixed in your own country; I learned the long hard way.

Thanks again!

Tony

Omega PO Chrono - Omega PO Chrono

I'm glad there was a resolution and you are now happy. Enjoy it!