• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you take REPs with you on holiday if you have to go through customs controls?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Uk (non EU) to EU trip. Everything circled in blue carried in a backpack, went through customs and security checks with no problems whatsoever. I think they are more interested in finding weapons and drugs……
Oh I remember that trip ;)

I'm sure it took some time afterwards to unclench, but know that it was very much appreciated 💪 💪

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Holy mackerel! That would be a fun import duty bill if they considered those bad boys gen!
Sky dweller is Gen and also not mine so import duty for sure on that would have been fun 😂 the rest were all reps, a mixture of mine and another good friend:) I usually take 1-2 max on trips abroad so this was a nerve racking experience/experiment which turned out to be a walk in the park:)

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Oh I remember that trip ;)

I'm sure it took some time afterwards to unclench, but know that it was very much appreciated 💪 💪
I think the worst/hardest part was gathering all the watches via Royal mail, they are…..

I would do it again in a heartbeat for a mate…..
I Got You Help GIF by The Cooligans

• Love
Reactions: Feefo and P..DR..D

nunyabusiness

Supporter
Certified
16/9/21
Wokeville, USA
I've taken reps with me on multiple vacations to the EU from the US.

I put them in a watch roll (it holds 4), and I keep that either in my backpack, or in a carry on bag with my suits.

I was not hassled at all going to or from either Paris or Rome.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Uk (non EU) to EU trip. Everything circled in blue carried in a backpack, went through customs and security checks with no problems whatsoever. I think they are more interested in finding weapons and drugs……
@g00n : that Konstant Chaykin is gorgeous !!

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Like I said, luck of the draw is one of the main factors. It's pure statistics. Getting controlled is like winning the lottery, but.... some people DO win the lottery :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: xray7

Anto.94

8/8/19
Florence
Last trip on June i go to Ibiza from Italy.
I’ve got on me a 16610 rep on wrist and a Clean Panda in the luggage.
Even if in Ibiza they stop me for drug control, they not give a f… about the watch.
So go easy :)

Reactions: nunyabusiness

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Last trip on June i go to Ibiza from Italy.
I’ve got on me a 16610 rep on wrist and a Clean Panda in the luggage.
Even if in Ibiza they stop me for drug control, they not give a f… about the watch.
So go easy :)

Yes, they have no business collecting VAT there, because it's within the customs union. And looking for replica's is not their main concern on that route.

Reactions: g00n and JayBee0815

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Yes, they have no business collecting VAT there, because it's within the customs union. And looking for replica's is not their main concern on that route.
This! This example is meaningless. I would take my whole Rep-Collection to Ibiza without worring me ... ok, the excess weight might be a problem 😙
But on flight from Qatar, Dubai or Zürich I would be careful to take more than one watch on the wrist with me.

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
@falcodellastrada taking 1 rep worn on wrist I think you will have absolutely no issues regardless of destination…..
Next they will be looking to see if our sunglasses are fake or shoes or the missus🤪
flashlight implants GIF

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I travel every week from UK to EU and never had a single issue, nobody ever cares

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia

I definitely knew someone's crazier than me.

I should've known it's actually you.

What I didn't expect in your luggage though is a shit ton of duct tape.

Must be some wild holidays you had there, buddy. 🤪😂

spongebob squarepants bdsm GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
I definitely knew someone's crazier than me.

I should've known it's actually you.

What I didn't expect in your luggage though is a shit ton of duct tape.

Must be some wild holidays you had there, buddy. 🤪😂

spongebob squarepants bdsm GIF by Animation Domination High-Def
the duck tape is for his master, so that he can gag @g00n and extract the watches silently from where he hid them.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
the duck tape is for his master, so that he can gag @g00n and extract the watches silently from where he hid them.
I think there may be some merit to this assumption.

But I think you're way off on who's the master here. 🤣🤪

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
If you put them in your bag, pants or jacket pockets you should be ok. If you put them in condom and stick it where the sun don't shine that will immediately raise suspicion I would guess.
As for me, I wear smartwatch when I travel.