• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you take REPs with you on holiday if you have to go through customs controls?

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
If you put them in your bag, pants or jacket pockets you should be ok. If you put them in condom and stick it where the sun don't shine that will immediately raise suspicion I would guess.
As for me, I wear smartwatch when I travel.
Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

Petrohead

Looking Around
19/3/24
The customs controls are not "aimed at REP objects". At least here in Germany they are highly interested in Gens, that where bought in countries with low or even no VAT. You have to declare them and pay 19% VAT and if you try to hide the watch from the customs its a criminal offense with very high penalties. Reps are more or less by-catch and the "display cases" are imo just a show, probably financed by the watch companies ;-)
Would it be safe to bring around 3-4 reps to germany from asia like one on hand and 2 in 6 watch case not brand case just personal case?

gmarsh

Horology Curious
2/3/19
canada
how do you take REP watches on trips if you have to take planes or ships?
I heard they often check by opening the suitcase
Lately in airports there are financial police checks with checks aimed at REP objects and then they are placed in display cases to scare the passenger.

gmarsh

Horology Curious
2/3/19
canada
how do you take REP watches on trips if you have to take planes or ships?
I heard they often check by opening the suitcase
Lately in airports there are financial police checks with checks aimed at REP objects and then they are placed in display cases to scare the passenger.
i am retired and fly all over the world asia,europe,south and north america Never any problem bringing multiple reps anywhere!!

kostas

9/7/13
I always take my watches with me, reps/gen or toys.
The custom guys couldn't care less for what I'm wearing on my wrist or have in my backpack (talking about watches of course).
And I have travelled a lot (I mean A LOT..)

Reactions: leo6929