• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DO WE HAVE ANY MUSICIANS?

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
I play the 5 string banjo, scruggs style. You know I am from Missouri.

sgv

Renowned Member
1/4/06
My main instrument is guitar, but I can play just about every stringed instrument there is. (Including banjo!! We should duel! hahaha...)

I started playing almost 19 years ago (at the age of 8). I have a degree in Music.

sv

Faber

16/3/06
not a musician...just a noise makers...sometimes i try to play guitar... :twisted:

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
shutter_bug said:
I play the 5 string banjo, scruggs style. You know I am from Missouri.

I used to earn a living playing drums and percussion. Heck, it paid for my schooling. I was gigging 6 nights a week, and college was paid off a month before I graduated. No student loan for me! Music was good to me. I ended up getting married, and the EX(pletive deleted) forced me to retire. Anyway, I did a bit of bluegrass and I love country rock. But, my favorites are latin jazz, and traditional cool jazz. I also fool aorund with the guitar a bit.

rah

29/3/06
I have a masters degree in music. I was a band director untill I got smart and went into the business world. I play most band instruments. Also play piano and keyboard. Love all kinds of music.

10acErnie

Known Member
6/4/06
I used to think I played guitar......before I moved to Nashville!!! :shock:

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
I used to sing in a band and played the Trumpet in highschool.

Tried to play the guitar and bass for years, but was never really any good.

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
I'm the guy that comes through when you need "More Cow Bell"..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Higgy 8)

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
Ok, don't laugh.......trombone. 7 years in school. First chair EVERY year. Went to Interlochen Academy 3 summers (Upper Penninsula, Mich.) Was in concert, marching, jazz, pep bands, all-county, etc.

Now, for those that considered us "band geeks", think about this.........

Got into every football and basketball game for free, we were the only students that actually had KEYS to the High School :shock: , got to play in the halftime show at the U of M homecoming game every year, AND, when going out-of-town, the football/basketball players took their bus, the cheerleaders took a separate bus, but because even the teachers thought we were geeks, we all (band) travelled together :shock: :shock:

Speaking of cowbells, we had this absolutely BEAUTIFUL girl (5'10", ALL leg) that was in the percussion section - usually played the cowbell, glockenspiel, or that wooden fish-thing. In the Band Room (tiered floor), the percussion section was in the back row, with the horns directly in front of them in the next row DOWN (important detail!). I was seated right in front of her. As it was in the late 60's - early 70's, the style was mini-skirts (no jeans/pants allowed in school back then).

Well, when you're a girl with 5-foot-long legs wearing a mini-skirt in the back row, you're not really worried about your.....um.....posture, because everybody has their backs to you.......well, enter the bell on a trombone.......just like a rear-view mirror. Needless to say, I often got compliments on how polished my trombone was :twisted: :twisted:

All-in-all, a pretty damn good gig!!!!!!

10acErnie

Known Member
6/4/06
Repmaniac said:
we had this absolutely BEAUTIFUL girl (5'10", ALL leg) that was in the percussion section - usually played the cowbell, glockenspiel, or that wooden fish-thing. In the Band Room (tiered floor), the percussion section was in the back row, with the horns directly in front of them in the next row DOWN (important detail!). I was seated right in front of her. As it was in the late 60's - early 70's, the style was mini-skirts (no jeans/pants allowed in school back then).

Well, when you're a girl with 5-foot-long legs wearing a mini-skirt in the back row, you're not really worried about your.....um.....posture, because everybody has their backs to you.......well, enter the bell on a trombone.......just like a rear-view mirror. Needless to say, I often got compliments on how polished my trombone was :twisted: :twisted:

Yes but could she play the organ??? :twisted:

efnstefn

Renowned Member
3/4/06
Skin flute expert is my guess....couldn't resist.

I had played guitar throughout high school and college. Stopped for 10 years, but have gotten serious about it again. Also, playing bass...just becuase. It's so easy to pick up songs now that tabs are all over the net.

How about instruments? I have a 1992 Fender Jazz Bass, 1988 Fender Tele (52 reproduction) with sweet fret and body wear, 2004 Gretsch White Falcon and my old Yamaha FG acoustic (first guitar and first love).

rah

29/3/06
In one of my earlier business ventures after leaving teaching I owned a chain of music stores and I sold most of the instruments you guys are talking about. Was blessed to see many of the great musicians in the world perform through trade shows and companies wining and dining you for their business.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
My main instrument is guitar, but I can play just about every stringed instrument there is. (Including banjo!! We should duel! hahaha...)

I started playing almost 19 years ago (at the age of . I have a degree in Music.

Hats off to you. Now that is talent. Sure we can duel anytime.

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
As long as there is no "Deliverance" remake. Sorry...just thinking about duelin' banjos.....bluegrass... Uh nevermind :roll:

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
As long as there is no "Deliverance" remake. Sorry...just thinking about duelin' banjos.....bluegrass... Uh nevermind

Dueling or Fueding Banjos is a very nice piece. You would have to play the guitar part though. Been playing that song for many years. Don Reno's version is very nice, because the majority of the banjo is played higg on the neck. Sounds great. I am saving my money for a stelling banjo. If you would like to see them http://www.stellingbanjo.com. Best sounding banjo on the market, that is, besides the HUBER.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
Stelling Sunflower. You know I live in the sunflower state.