• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do we have any expert Panerai watchsmiths?

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
Swiss ETA 6497-1 engine can be worked on by almost all watchsmiths but specifically.. who do you paneristi go for servicing your panerai's in our world?

Reason I'm saying is my Little Hero 111H needs servicing.. i always thought one of the plates popped off.. it wasn't until others here pointed it out that the plates were glued on and ever since I can clearly see the "glue marks" now where before I wasn't inspecting it too close.

K6CudJ.jpeg

K6CsOo.jpeg

see the glue marks? I wanna send it to someone who know spanerai and what to do with this.. LOL I honestly don't know if that plate is throw-away or it needs to be glued back on or whatever...

hence my original question.. you guys know of any panerai smith's out there?

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
I mean I guess now that I think about it.. you can just throw it away or heck maybe I'll open the caseback and just glue it back on myself

-.- lol but it does need servicing..

hmm, maybe that's the answer

just get it serviced and tell the watchsmith to glue the plate back on :)

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
^^^^
Most watchmakers won't have any issue servicing a 6497, glueing the plates back in is child's job
truth be told i realized that after i posted the question

i was like, "man... you can do that yourself!"

haha thank you for confirming what i thought :) i definitely know a local watchsmith i can take this too.. i wanted to give him a try sinc ehe lives 10-15 minutes away from me

Reactions: Karbon74

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
truth be told i realized that after i posted the question

i was like, "man... you can do that yourself!"

haha thank you for confirming what i thought :) i definitely know a local watchsmith i can take this too.. i wanted to give him a try sinc ehe lives 10-15 minutes away from me
Just don't use superglue, it will offgas as it cures and get all kinds of gunk in the movement and fog up your crystal.

Maybe hypo cement?

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Just use some good quality, thin double sided tape. This is a 5 minute job with nothing other than a wad of sticky tack needed for tools.

Looks like an old DSN 111 with a Swiss 6497...

GPFModDep

Known Member
5/11/13
Just use some good quality, thin double sided tape. This is a 5 minute job with nothing other than a wad of sticky tack needed for tools.

Looks like an old DSN 111 with a Swiss 6497...
A along time ago there was a smaller scale seller dude from Asia called "Little Hero" who made some 111's and also sold H series CG's. They were modified DSN or Cartel reps with his custom dial and other parts that I can't remember. When I read "Little Hero" the proverbial penny dropped as I have a few of his CG's and could not remember the name for the life of me!

• Love
Reactions: tomriddle

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
A along time ago there was a smaller scale seller dude from Asia called "Little Hero" who made some 111's and also sold H series CG's. They were modified DSN or Cartel reps with his custom dial and other parts that I can't remember. When I read "Little Hero" the proverbial penny dropped as I have a few of his CG's and could not remember the name for the life of me!
ding ding ding :) winner..

this was indeed a customized Little Hero 111H..

I actually still have the exact mods/build done to this.. I called it my "ghetto" 111H because it didn't cost a lot the most being LH's stuff

the thing that hurts me now is.. reading my posts back then..

I cannibalized a 201A to make this :( my 201A had a double-sided AR crystal which this one now has but i used my 201A for parts...

i was young and foolish and it hurt... it hurts