• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DiW daytonas, anybody got any wristshots

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Are you sure about this? I really can’t imagine that Noob will let this happen as the Daytona is their best selling model. It would be an economic disaster for them. Imagine an ARF with the SA4130 clone - this would mean game over for Noob. What desirable model would they have in their lineup if they have to share the clone? With the Subs they lose to ZZF and except the Pepsi inserts their GMTs are als lower quality than ARF and VRF.
This is why innovation becomes so important in this industy... In any industry.

Waiting for last year's innovations to support next year's sales will get you no where fast. Noob knows this. Let's hope.

The competitive nature of this industry has been absolutely great for us. I mean I think replica watches in general have been great because it even caused Rolex to focus on their designs and innovations and caused their products to change so much. And the factories have done an outstanding job in replicating the watches and the consumers (rep and gen) have both made out very well as a result of this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
actually the contract from Noob with the movement factory ends this month, I think we might be expecting price drop in the daytona line up
I see, may I ask how you know about this? What I have been reading was noob own this movement. They invested in cloning it, so just strange they lost the contract as what they are doing is not exactly legal, so quite curious the source of the news. Is a good new if its true!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

jcguo0516

4/12/18
Are you sure about this? I really can’t imagine that Noob will let this happen as the Daytona is their best selling model. It would be an economic disaster for them. Imagine an ARF with the SA4130 clone - this would mean game over for Noob. What desirable model would they have in their lineup if they have to share the clone? With the Subs they lose to ZZF and except the Pepsi inserts their GMTs are als lower quality than ARF and VRF.

I see, may I ask how you know about this? What I have been reading was noob own this movement. They invested in cloning it, so just strange they lost the contract as what they are doing is not exactly legal, so quite curious the source of the news. Is a good new if its true!

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDcwM...zp.8253869.0.0

In this video, from 1:10 if you can understand Chinese, he is a suppiler also a modder in China, I've purchased from him personally, he talked about how Noob signed a contract with the movement factory in Dan Dong (a city in China) for 2 years, and by end the month (the month he was making that video) the contract would be terminated, and there will be more 4130 movement flow into the market he said, that's why I think there might be price drop in the future, but we dont know for sure if Noob gonna sign another a couple years of contract

and I totally agree with you, if ARF has n4130 in it, it would be game over, because this modder also sells fully modded daytona, with ARF bracelet, hands, dial, bezel, just noob case and movement, also drop the cyrstal lower and it quite expensive, Im waiting to see if noob will sign another contract or not, if yes, im gonna purchase the fully modded daytona from this modder, because he's work is pretty amazing, as you can see his fully modded rainbow daytona in the video, lots local purchase from him

Last edited:
Reactions: philwongnz

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14

In this video, from 1:10 if you can understand Chinese, he is a suppiler also a modder in China, I've purchased from him personally, he talked about how Noob signed a contract with the movement factory in Dan Dong (a city in China) for 2 years, and by end the month (the month he was making that video) the contract would be terminated, and there will be more 4130 movement flow into the market he said, that's why I think there might be price drop in the future, but we dont know for sure if Noob gonna sign another a couple years of contract

and I totally agree with you, if ARF has n4130 in it, it would be game over, because this modder also sells fully modded daytona, with ARF bracelet, hands, dial, bezel, just noob case and movement, also drop the cyrstal lower and it quite expensive, Im waiting to see if noob will sign another contract or not, if yes, im gonna purchase the fully modded daytona from this modder, because he's work is pretty amazing, as you can see his fully modded rainbow daytona in the video, lots local purchase from him

That's amazing, thanks for sharing. Is ashamed as I can speak fluent Cantonese but not mandarin. There's another rumour on reddit that noob is making a DiW CF daytona (which I doubt it is noob), but the vid does show a thinner case back compared to the current offerings from WWF and OMF - where they are supposed to be using A7750

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/hty7ga/rolex_daytona_noob_factory_4130/

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19

What is he selling the fully modded Daytona for if I may ask?

jcguo0516

4/12/18
What is he selling the fully modded Daytona for if I may ask?

im not sure the updated price at this moment, last time I checked with him was close to 6000 RMB, that is $875, and that is not with all of the mods, since then he's able to do more modding like drop the cystal lower, switch all chrono hands, so I dont know the price right now, and in generaly you do have to wait quite sometime for the mod to complete because he doesnt get alot of the parts, he has to order them if there are a lot of customer who are interested in the mod

unfortunately, i dont think he deal with overseas customers, he's more of a local seller

Last edited:
Reactions: Pdatoon

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
im not sure the updated price at this moment, last time I checked with him was close to 6000 RMB, that is $875, and that is not with all of the mods, since then he's able to do more modding like drop the cystal lower, switch all chrono hands, so I dont know the price right now, and in generaly you do have to wait quite sometime for the mod to complete because he doesnt get alot of the parts, he has to order them if there are a lot of customer who are interested in the mod

unfortunately, i dont think he deal with overseas customers, he's more of a local seller
How did you come across him if he's deals with locals? Are you based in China? I guess he has access to ARF parts which ironically most of our TDs seem to struggle to get.

Thanks for sharing again, is very interesting. I would love to build a CF case 4130 daytona without shelling out for ABD prices!

jcguo0516

4/12/18
How did you come across him if he's deals with locals? Are you based in China? I guess he has access to ARF parts which ironically most of our TDs seem to struggle to get.

Thanks for sharing again, is very interesting. I would love to build a CF case 4130 daytona without shelling out for ABD prices!

I travel often between US and China, but due to the covid19, I stay in China for this year. and yea I guess he's able to order the parts, cuz I see him order them at least once or twice per month

the reason why a lot of the good voice on RWI isnt being heard is because RWI is such a small community, the market in China is ridiculously huge compare to RWI, the supplier competition is also very intense, I have many supplier in my contact, and their price vary from high to low, but all of them are lower to overseas supplier(TD on here).

The RWI buyers are very knowledgeable, I've learned so much about watches in general just for being a member here for over a year, but I hate to tell you the truth, the RWI member are very picky, the pickiest of all potential buyers out there. Majority of the buyers in China dont give a damn about things like "the lume is green instead of white" or the "canon pinion is too big compare to gen" such thing, thats why a lot of the rep will stay to have flaws because they will continue to sell for no problem at all