• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Distortion tread pictures as well opinion

23Zen

I am who I am
Supporter
Certified
9/8/22
Planet Pam
Hi ,
I curious how you feel crystal distortion on Panerai watches .
For long time I was crazy about … having as small distortion as possible but as times goes I find that some distortion is a spirit of classic panerai - At least to me.

23Zen

I am who I am
Supporter
Certified
9/8/22
Planet Pam

Could you imagine PAM 217 without distortion? 🙃

Last edited:

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Like with all the other details, people tend to be over zealous when it comes to accuracy w.r.t. gen. If OP had released the 127 with the level of distortion that the Noob had, we would all be trying to replicate it and the XF would be seen as subpar.

Reactions: 23Zen

23Zen

I am who I am
Supporter
Certified
9/8/22
Planet Pam
Like with all the other details, people tend to be over zealous when it comes to accuracy w.r.t. gen. If OP had released the 127 with the level of distortion that the Noob had, we would all be trying to replicate it and the XF would be seen as subpar.
Sure agree 👍. And even more .distortion on 368 in my Black_Shark based on Noob is fantastic with Brown Belkin dial makes amazing look especially when sun comes on dial .And for me better look than gen one!

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
I like distortion. I just got a PAM 1232 which isn't supposed to have it but I almost prefer it because it give me the feeling of the older pams and makes for more dynamic viewing experience and light interaction.

harvey-ridge

Got me a sweet sweet badge
Supporter
Certified
19/12/23
UK
Imagine how disappointed we would all be if you could simply glance down at your watch and see what time it was 😜

Reactions: 23Zen