• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Disappointed with Purchase & Hont MIA when watch not up to standard!

whygroup1

Looking Around
1/1/10
My first purchase from Hont hasn't been really smooth or streamlined. I ordered a watch from him on the 10/01/2010. After asking Hont several times to check the watch before shipment to make sure it was ok before delivery he confirmed he did and shipped the watch (I did receive pics before shipment but not of all angles or aspects of watch). I received the watch about two weeks later to find that the logo on band clasp was misaligned and the lume was not as specified (not there on some indicators). I sent several emails to Hont to see what we could do and Hont asked me to send it back. I did send it back and confirmed delivery with post early Feb 2010 that the package was delivered. I have sent email after email to Hont with no reply since early Feb. I'm really disappointed in the unprofessionalism of Hont. I know it's Chinese New Year Period but no excuse if over two to three weeks with no reply. Anyhow not sure what to do about it now as no replies received. Any feedback or suggestions anyone?

Appreciate your help. :headdesk:

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
My first purchase from Hont hasn't been really smooth or streamlined. I ordered a watch from him on the 10/01/2010. After asking Hont several times to check the watch before shipment to make sure it was ok before delivery he confirmed he did and shipped the watch (I did receive pics before shipment but not of all angles or aspects of watch). I received the watch about two weeks later to find that the logo on band clasp was misaligned and the lume was not as specified (not there on some indicators). I sent several emails to Hont to see what we could do and Hont asked me to send it back. I did send it back and confirmed delivery with post early Feb 2010 that the package was delivered. I have sent email after email to Hont with no reply since early Feb. I'm really disappointed in the unprofessionalism of Hont. I know it's Chinese New Year Period but no excuse if over two to three weeks with no reply. Anyhow not sure what to do about it now as no replies received. Any feedback or suggestions anyone?

Appreciate your help. :headdesk:

I would not expect an answer from Hont until the Chinese New Year celebration is completed......perhaps the end of this upcoming week or early next week. Yes, three weeks without a reply during Chinese New Year is not surprising. The country pretty much closes during the celebration. Hont will take care of you....patience is key in this hobby.

jimmyboy

Known Member
4/2/10
Mate

Its Chinese new year and I think they completely close during that. I asked Hont about a couple of watches start of Feb and he said he will resume business after the new year.

Just be patient for some time and then take it up with one of the admins here, i am sure it will be resolved.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
Yes, three weeks without a reply during Chinese New Year is not surprising. The country pretty much closes during the celebration. Hont will take care of you....patience is key in this hobby.

+1

D

d4m.test

Don't worry

Hont will take care of you for sure,imo he is a gentleman,when will be back everything will be ok with your watch,mine is back to him aswell just be patient.
if he is the dealer of the year is not for a casuality
cheers

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Yep, what they said. Some dealers won't be back until the first of March. Rep collecting is all about patience. It will get resolved, no doubt.

jy6221

7/7/09
Hi - i know it's hard to be patient. Especially when it's your first purchase from a dealer. Though like the above posts stated. China practilcally shuts down during CNY. Wait another week then email him again if he hasn't responded.

Hont is very reliable!

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Agree with all of the above. Some of the dealers are scheduled to not return until the first week of March. This is, of course, disappointing to you, but it's pretty standard. Try not to worry, and if you're not able to come to a resolution when CNY is over, please notify one of us on staff and we'll be happy to look into it. :)

In the meantime, welcome to RWI. You'll find lots of information to learn and people to keep you company while you wait.

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
Hont always ends up coming through. Don't worry, things will get resolved after CNY.

pedecter

6/4/09
Just be patient. Hont does not let us down, and he will take care of you, too.

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
hont will sort it out but not till march. they shut down for CNY

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Hont has done everything correctly thus far. It can take months for these things to get resolved. All you can do now is be patient and wait.

whygroup1

Looking Around
1/1/10
Hont just replied.

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I just got a reply from Hont.

Hopefully everything can get sorted now.

Thanks again everyone.

Will keep you up to date.

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
So, you got your answer 6 hours after start this thread........

chrislaw

Horology Curious
30/1/10
Hi everyone.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I just got a reply from Hont.

Hopefully everything can get sorted now.

Thanks again everyone.

Will keep you up to date.

What? He did reply u??? Why he don't reply me.......... I still waiting for the "Missing Screw" of my BR01-94:wacko:

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Like everyone has said, Hont is a good guy and will take care of any legitimate problems.
If you have any issues for which you are awaiting resolution, please be patient. I assure you that Hont has hundreds, if not thousands, of e-mails that came in over CNY (and they really do close that country down for 3+ weeks during CNY) that he has to deal with. He may get to some people sooner than others - it's just the luck of the draw.
Patience is the hardest part of this hobby.

GingerNinja

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/09
I too am waiting on a reply from Hont but as someone allready said he isn't dealer of the year nothing !

He'll come good in the end.

m3nster

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/10
United States
No worries guys, I had an issue with an order and Hont replied me today. But He also told me that they are not really back to work yet. Things should all be back to normal this week!

D

d4m.test

im waiting for my reply aswell,hont please answer to my e-mail