• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Disappointed... please help?...

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
don't buy a gift with that time bomb movement 3131, it will only lead to future pain. Get a reliable 2836

I gave a gift with a Miyota movement in it... big mistake, ended up giving away the same watch I had with a 2824 in it to replace it,very expensive lesson!

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
I have been told stocks would refuel by end of this month/ begin next month, wich isn’t that bad - but is it true? Time will tell.

As previously said, a TD here isn't going to ruin hes/her reputation by stealing your $400. You've got 2 choices: either take your dealer at his/her word, wait for the QC pics, and enjoy the holidays. Or ask for a refund and take the Amazon route. It's unfortunate this happened on your first purchase, happened on my first purchase also. I stressed about it much like you're doing. But, the dealer isn't trying to cheat you, and the watch will arrive in time (if not timely). Consider this a chance for you to exercise patience. Worst case, if something goes really wrong and your TD isn't responding, contact the Moderators and ask for help. Almost certainly won't happen, but there's your worst case scenario. Best case, you wait a couple of weeks, live your life, have a great holiday season, and get your watch early next year. Merry Christmas!

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I have been told stocks would refuel by end of this month/ begin next month, which isn’t that bad - but is it true? Time will tell.

I may be true. In reality, it is the factory's best guess. If one of their many supplier's ships late or their parts are rejected the restocking will be delayed. You will get your watch eventually. The next issue we face every year is the Chinese New Year aka CNY. The country shuts down from Feb 4th - 10th this year. For some companies close earlier or longer based on their staff heading to the countryside by train for long trips home. This is not like the USA where you can order online during a holiday. Nothing happens during CNY. The Chinese use the two big holidays the way the USA uses vacation weeks. CNY is the biggest migration of people in the world occurring every year. If you decide you want to continue to buy Reps it is a good idea to learn the major holidays.

In my regular life, I have absolutely no patience.... none, zero. In my business life, I depend on speed. It was a rude adjustment for me to learn patience in this hobby. After I accepted this fact waiting is part of the hobby I enjoy it.

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
Of course I understand all of this. Official services often have a hard time delivering their promises, one cannot expect replica business to be all smooth and guaranteed.
But i guess it’s normal to stress the first time. You read a lot of disastrous (often propaganda, but often true as well) horrible stories about replica watch scams; everywhere they try to discourage you buying a rep. Not that I feel sorry for Rolex or anything - I would be inclined to believe Rolex mainly gets more everyday coverage in people’s subconscious thanks to more people buying good reps, and Probably rep business is hurting more entry level brands such as Seiko... but I digress. When you first seriously think about buying a « serious » replica, there’s the shady part you have to embrace. And if like me you first try to buy a replica « in the flesh » and end up crossing half of Belgium on a Friday night to end up on the back seat of a dark car in a dark alley, looking at watches probably worth 80$ the guy is trying to sell you for 300$, then you understand the shady part of it all and when after delivering your hard earned cash to the dealer online, there’s a little voice in your head telling you « what if ». But probably it’s also part of the thrill. Anyways forums like this one, and the community that goes with it, go a long way to reassure noobs like me.
plus my TD has a lot of fantastic reviews and have absolutely no objective reason to be worried, except: it’s the rep business.

Reactions: Kingcac

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
@ROXOLO
You are getting it. 2.5 years ago I was a Noob here. I made plenty of mistakes. I just kept my head down and did a lot of reading. The Reps you can buy from our TD's are far better than what you can buy on the streets. I will be in China next week so my TD will ship my recent orders to my hotel. I plan on buy 2 or 3 cheap reps so I can learn how to take the watches apart to fix little problems. I am expecting it to be fun to go to the cheap store and see how bad the watches are.

After I while you will find a TD that fits your needs. For example, my TD is very slow but the quality of inspection and testing makes me happier than a fast delivery.

Welcome to RWI

tylej

Horology Curious
17/11/18
Next time you should email before you buy and ask if it is in stock. What happened to you is quite common.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
@ROXOLO
The Reps you can buy from our TD's are far better than what you can buy on the streets. I will be in China next week so my TD will ship my recent orders to my hotel. I plan on buy 2 or 3 cheap reps so I can learn how to take the watches apart to fix little problems.

Welcome to RWI

Are you heading to Shanghai? I was there on business a few weeks ago and went to the mall at the Science museum train station 2. It’s famous for where to purchase all the knockoffs. Wild experience, going through a hidden door in the mall through a labyrinth of small corridors with hidden panels, etc.
Problem was, everything I saw was DHGate type quality reps.
I do like the idea of purchasing some cheap watches to dissect assuming I will destroy them on my first few attempts.

I have to look on DHGate for some disposable watches I can practicing on. Never purchase from DHGate before, hopefully the have the movements.

Sorry for diverting the thread, but I have posted twice on the thread referencing the problem under discussion.

wags

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/17
This also happened to me. I chose another watch and its one of my favourites! This pastime requires a lot of patience. Its rocks or diamonds unfortunately. Take your time and don't compromise or you wont be 100% happy and it will drive you crazy! Good luck !

Sent from the RWI App

rek0001

1/1/13
I've been in this rep game for about 14 years now, and it seems to have gotten more complex to order and pay for watches. It used to be relatively quick and satisfying, not anymore.
Used PayPal forever, that was so easy and convenient, no more, most TDs PP accounts have been closed down. Now your choices are WU, bank wire, CC, and bitcoin.

The first 3 take time, sometimes days for payment to be processed, by then the watch may be out of stock. I guess bitcoin is the quickest (?) but I somehow don't trust it. I guess I need to get over that.

Anyways if its any consolation, I have a Parnis Daytona shipped from China over a month ago that's sitting in US Customs now for over 11 days, maddening.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Are you heading to Shanghai? I was there on business a few weeks ago and went to the mall at the Science museum train station 2. It’s famous for where to purchase all the knockoffs. Wild experience, going through a hidden door in the mall through a labyrinth of small corridors with hidden panels, etc.
Problem was, everything I saw was DHGate type quality reps.
I do like the idea of purchasing some cheap watches to dissect assuming I will destroy them on my first few attempts.

I have to look on DHGate for some disposable watches I can practice on. Never purchase from DHGate before, hopefully, they have the movements.

Sorry for diverting the thread, but I have posted twice on the thread referencing the problem under discussion.

I am heading to Shenzhen tonight. I know a guy he sells watches at the Commercial Center. I will see him for my cheap practice watches. He sells cheap low-end watches. My plan is to find watches that are similar or the same as what I own so I can compare as well.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
tkingir,
Well have a good time. I was in Hong Kong, then to mainland to a factory for inspection in Zhong Shan. Then travel to Shanghai, then back to Hong Kong. It was hectic, with a few days in between for fun. I wish I was heading back. Safe travels. Enjoy yourself.:nana:

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
Little update: this afternoon - much earlier than finally expected- i received the QC pics of my watch ^^ watch looks great, flawless, and it’s only +4s/day. Can’t wait to receive it. It will make a fantastic present. I paid for UK transshipment, let’s hope it really helps passing trough customs!...

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
Little update: i received the QC pics of my watch ^^ watch looks great, flawless, and it’s only +4s/day.

A happy ending ... is near!

giphy.gif

Rajesvasingh77

Horology Curious
28/11/18
Philippine
Golden rule - ask the TD if they know the model and if can they get it before you buy it.

Also, you left it real late for an xmas gift. You needed to have ordered it mid November.

Totally agree happened with me too luckily I had 2 watches in mind and same price
Always check the td before payments and purchases

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
Roxolo, now we are all interested to see your watch. If you have accepted, you can link or show the QC pics here.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
I thought the linking QC images were frowned upon. I mean displaying them here on the forum. Saw a few members get pounded for it? I have to reread the "rules".
Besides that, CONGRATULATIONS, and I also want to see what it looks like, but maybe when you get the watch.

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
I thought the linking QC images were frowned upon. I mean displaying them here on the forum. Saw a few members get pounded for it? I have to reread the "rules".
Besides that, CONGRATULATIONS, and I also want to see what it looks like, but maybe when you get the watch.

It's OK if you're asking about a specific issue or have already accepted the watch.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Oh, got it. Thanks. Maybe I will start a thread with the few I just picked up. Still waiting for QC's on last two watches.