• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DG2813 Crown Positions/Adjusting

imjustabasicman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
25/7/17
EU
I feel like I must be missing something. I've gone through this whole subforum but I still can't manage to find it...

What are the crown adjusting positions on the DG2813? I have a 16710 GMT with DG2813. Since I've heard they are a bit unreliable I don't want to "try" my luck by just keep pulling it outwards.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Yes. You pull the crown out. You break the movement. You throw the watch away.

• Haha
Reactions: rolex4me

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
I feel like I must be missing something. I've gone through this whole subforum but I still can't manage to find it...

What are the crown adjusting positions on the DG2813? I have a 16710 GMT with DG2813. Since I've heard they are a bit unreliable I don't want to "try" my luck by just keep pulling it outwards.
Hello,
By pulling it out to the first position you can set the date (direction of rotation downwards).
In the second position you can set the time (in both directions).
You should just make sure not to change the date between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m., otherwise the movement COULD be damaged.
greeting

imjustabasicman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
25/7/17
EU
Hello,
By pulling it out to the first position you can set the date (direction of rotation downwards).
In the second position you can set the time (in both directions).
You should just make sure not to change the date between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m., otherwise the movement COULD be damaged.
greeting
Great. Thank you @rolex4me!

I noticed in the first position (before posting here), direction upwards jumps the hour hand 1 hour. I suppose this is a GMT function?

Also - is there any possibility to set the GMT hand separately? No worries if not. Just curious!

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
You cannot set the GMT pointer separately with this work. Greetings