• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Delivery time

AceCobra1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/11
Hi all, I was jsut wondering how long does it take for the EMS mail to arrive? Tony said he posted my parcel on the 10th and I have been tracking the item and it still haven't left china from the looks of things...

2011-12-10 19:45:00 City of Guangzhou Posting ? 20:54:00 City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center ? 21:33:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center ? 2011-12-10 22:25:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
That has been like that the last 3 days

DiamondSeeker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/12/09
don't worry.. parcel will arrive faster if you don't check tracking at all!

Dodgy

Renowned Member
20/12/09
Yeah, just set it in your head that it wont be here till 2012, that way if it comes before that is a bonus.

AceCobra1

20/11/11
lol... just bit worried because i used to get things posted from taiwan and itout 3 doesn't take that long... in fact, about 5 days... And thing is, this status has not been updated for the last 4 days. Is it likely that China post has held it in customs or something ?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Point 1/ EMS tracking is pointless. There are times the watch can be on your wrist while it still says it's in China

Point 2/ It's Christmas and while there is no indication things are as bad this year "Mount EMS" (a 30 foot high pile of mail at GZ airport) took months to clear after xmas last year.

Point 3/ If Tony supplied the tracking number on the 10th it means he packed the watch and attached an EMS docket on that day. It may well have been 48 hours or more before his shipper actually lodged the parcel with China Post.

Point 4 / It's Christmas.

AceCobra1

20/11/11
Its handed to customs now :O What are the chances of me getting a hefty tax on a watch they think is £5k! when it is only £250 lol... And what are the chance of it being confiscated? Its UK customs btw

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
In my experience with EMS, 'handed over to customs' in the UK is nothing to worry about. As long as the item is marked up as something cheap it'll pass straight through.....

OW

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Relax...

It's all good :). The anticipation build up with a wait like this will actually make you enjoy and appreciate your reps more than if it was a 3-5day turnaround.... The Chinese are funny; the master of counterfeit activity, yet they they couldn't organize pink-eye in a sh!t-storm at x-mas time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

desfacil

Horology Curious
28/12/10
In my experience with EMS, 'handed over to customs' in the UK is nothing to worry about. As long as the item is marked up as something cheap it'll pass straight through.....

OW

In Spain is the same.

Remenber that All parcels have to be handed to customs; hopefuly, only a few are seized.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Tony has sent my packages to my old address! Lol

Lucky I know the post office workers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forrestwhite

Known Member
1/10/09
Any sight of the package yet? Mine shipped on the 15th an I'm curious to know what other people are waiting in terms of timelines this time of year?

jason99

Horology Curious
8/8/10
Hont sent my watch on the 14th. It cleared customs on the 15th, since the 16th it says despatch from sorting center. I checked the USPS site, they don't have any info. I think it's just a waiting game for all of us. Happy holidays everyone