• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dealer's Sending the Wrong Watch

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
First off all, this is not a thread intended to flame any particular dealer, this is based on my personal experience and my suspicions.

May I ask how many have been sent the wrong watch of the same model recently? By this I mean an inferior version or a version that did not match QC pics.

The past three watch purchases from "trusted" dealers on this forum have "coincidentally" had one accident in common, they all managed to send me the wrong, lesser version of the watch I ordered. This is a fact. The last time I brought it up some dealer nuthuggers accused me of flaming and passed it off as "part of the game".

In my opinion, which I have no proof of, the dealers here are getting used to the reputation of trust they enjoy and are abusing it. They are purposely sending lesser versions to clear their stock or make more money on a sale. You might say "reps have flaws, so don't expect to get consistency" This is true, but not sending the same watch as the QC pic? Mistakenly sending the wrong inferior version? Shady, dodgy, and in my opinion is the same as a scam.

Then they hide behind the excuse of "innocent human error" and then do everything in their power to fix it so we give them good reviews and they continue to enjoy the reputation that they do. Yea well I aint buying it anymore buddy....and ill tell you another thing, I bet some of these same dealers are the ones running the scam sites too, you think their whole market is forums? Suure....

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Which watches did you get less expensive versions of?

cardsdoc86

Known Member
7/9/10
Wow, sending a different watch from the QC pic is just plain wrong. Hopefully the Admin can do something about this. Please be sure to get into contact with them detail what happened. Hopefully the Admin can sway dealers to not do this.

Could you post the QC pics and pics of what you got.

majwilliams

14/12/10
CONUS
I would have to agree that people are quick to protect the dealers here on the forums, but it probably stems from the frequent idiots who post about how dealers shouldn't be trusted, blah blah blah. There are two sides to every story, and if you cannot straighten it out with a dealer get an admin/mod involved. I have only purchased from MR, and he is absolutely amazing at what he does but I do tend to try and only purchase from other members.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
I had a similar issue with timeshop. Ordered 2 watches, received a first batch of QC pics with the right watches, but a few days later the dealer argued the 2 watches had a problem and sent pics of 2 other watches.

Of course, they forget to mention that the new watches were of an inferior version...

I validated the QC pics, therefore I'm also reponsible for what happend and I'm not asking for anything. I'm just saying this is wrong, and that buyers should be extra carefull with the QC pics, especially if it's timeshop, and if they offer to send new ones.

I could buy the accidental swap if we were talking about an isolated incident, but it seems like there is a pattern here.

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
Wow, sending a different watch from the QC pic is just plain wrong. Hopefully the Admin can do something about this. Please be sure to get into contact with them detail what happened. Hopefully the Admin can sway dealers to not do this.

Could you post the QC pics and pics of what you got.

i will when I get the watch

Im guessin this happens to noobs or non forum members all the time, and since they don;t know the difference, most of the time the dealer gets away with it

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
But what specific watches are we talking about? We can then think very carefully before placing an order.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
There have been a couple of dealers in the past that we have had to step in a mediate. The dealers made good on the watches or refunded and promised to stop. In most of those cases it was their staff not communicating or just blatant misconduct. Those dealers have been through the ringer. You can send me an email if a particular dealer is doing this, but I need good evidence. If your pictures are crappy that won't do. The more work you do with the comparison email the better chances of us getting this to stop.

I have had good luck in the past with the QC photo route and it was 100%. If this is happening frequently to "noobs" as you suggest, I am all eyes and ears. Post it and lets get this resolved.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
But what specific watches are we talking about? We can then think very carefully before placing an order.
B&R for me, rolexes for the OP. It's not a matter of watches, it's a matter of dealer :(

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Okay, good to know and yes, shame on the dealers big time. Perhaps as this is going on, we might only be safe with the select few watches that there is only one version of. :-(

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
If this is happening frequently to noobs as you suggest, I am all eyes and ears.
Happend to me as well and I'm not a noob, just a distracted careless idiot :)

MMA

5/10/10
TBH, i've wondered about this issue, especially lately with the upgraded pams.

Will be interesting to see if anyone comes forward with the opposite "honest mistake". ie paying for the cheapy and receiving the the best version. I seriously doubt it.

Oh, and BTW... "nuthuggers"? haha, hilarious.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
First off all, this is not a thread intended to flame any particular dealer, this is based on my personal experience and my suspicions.

May I ask how many have been sent the wrong watch of the same model recently? By this I mean an inferior version or a version that did not match QC pics.

The past three watch purchases from "trusted" dealers on this forum have "coincidentally" had one accident in common, they all managed to send me the wrong, lesser version of the watch I ordered. This is a fact. The last time I brought it up some dealer nuthuggers accused me of flaming and passed it off as "part of the game".

In my opinion, which I have no proof of, the dealers here are getting used to the reputation of trust they enjoy and are abusing it. They are purposely sending lesser versions to clear their stock or make more money on a sale. You might say "reps have flaws, so don't expect to get consistency" This is true, but not sending the same watch as the QC pic? Mistakenly sending the wrong inferior version? Shady, dodgy, and in my opinion is the same as a scam.

Then they hide behind the excuse of "innocent human error" and then do everything in their power to fix it so we give them good reviews and they continue to enjoy the reputation that they do. Yea well I aint buying it anymore buddy....and ill tell you another thing, I bet some of these same dealers are the ones running the scam sites too, you think their whole market is forums? Suure....

Sorry, to hear you have had these issues. I hope this isn't intentional on the dealers' part. Regardless, the Admins here will sort it out. I'm pretty sure they won't let this kind of thing continue.
Hope it all works out for you!

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
I'm sure there have been PM's sent to admin pointing out the dealers and they are lobbing your issues with them and others involved. Discipline the QC violators if there was true intent to deceive and reward the over-achievers who help propitiate the hobby. Good luck with this!

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I'm a noob, but here are my thoughts: This issue goes to the heart of what it means to be a 'trusted dealer'. If there was regular conduct of that nature by a trusted dealer, then presumably they would lose that status? It's up to individuals to provide the relevant feedback on the forum, and that feedback is then collated by moderators/rooster in his annual survey. Someone mentioned Timeshop - if you look at the survey, then I think it's notable that Timeshop was one of the most popular sites to order from, but the number of people would recommend it to others was comparatively low. That discrepancy is instructive.

I've still ordered from timeshop, because their prices are great :)

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
From time to time some dealers drift away, and need the admins and mods to remind them what being a trusted dealer is about. Unfortunately I believe this will always happen.

Egidio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/11/10
I've been sent 2, ONE handed Patek Philippe's, that were supposed to be in compensation for a watch they advertised, but had no stock, AFTER I paid. The Watch they promised had 2 hands. Now these Clowns are insisting that their ONE handed watch is legitimate. They are non trusted dealers and I bought these watches before I joined this Forum. I too have been getting heaps of: "Sorry, Manufacturer has updated model you order, Do you accept watch in Picture?" It's a Trusted Dealer, but not TS. (Why an I hesitant in naming them? because for sure I will be "ridiculed" by some Clowns on this Forum"). I'm trying to find out how to post photos and once I do, I will.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
I've been sent 2, ONE handed Patek Philippe's, that were supposed to be in compensation for a watch they advertised, but had no stock, AFTER I paid. The Watch they promised had 2 hands. Now these Clowns are insisting that their ONE handed watch is legitimate. They are non trusted dealers and I bought these watches before I joined this Forum. I too have been getting heaps of: "Sorry, Manufacturer has updated model you order, Do you accept watch in Picture?" It's a Trusted Dealer, but not TS. (Why an I hesitant in naming them? because for sure I will be "ridiculed" by some Clowns on this Forum"). I'm trying to find out how to post photos and once I do, I will.

No need to double post mate, one is enough. Just post pics in the other thread. There is a how-to on posting pics in the eyecandies section.