• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Deal with MQ from Saigon.

Alephpark

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/17
I'd say keep the gen. 5517 looks very nice and with the gen mvmt it's awesome.. but still... gen is a gen you can probably ask one of the modders here to build a 5517 for you for a cheaper price

jelliottz

11/7/13
5517 hands are 100% incorrect. For $5000 I'd expect those to be right.

Tudor big crown dial is way off. Pearl isn't even centered in the insert.

If you don't want the Exp II, sell it. As people have said you can find way better built 5517 reps than the MQ one you were offered. There's a reason he had no issue making that trade with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck Dancer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/19
Difficult to give you a fair advice without a price breakdown of the 5517, but 3k for a 100% rep case/dial/hands/bracelet seems expensive. Your explorer is under estimated by 1k at least. Maybe 1.5 and more if you plan to sell it in europe.
So, it's not a fair deal for me. I would not do it.

The 5517 is a difficult watch to wear without telling to the world it s a rep. It needs consistency.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
I would keep the gen. I know those explorer II’s have a bad rap but gen is still gen and it will hardly lose any value (if it doesn’t go up in value). That rep is good at best. I’ve seen better from modders on the forum. If you’re dead set on getting that rep, I would just sell the gen at fair market value and buy a modded rep with a refinished MQ or Richview818 dial. I think richview’s dials are better, honestly.

That’s not that hard of a build either. Even with a gen movement and a ruby case with a richview dial, it would be cheaper than the rep he’s offering the trade for and it would most likely look better.

KEEP THE GEN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk