• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona: This Fake Rolex Is The Most Accurate Yet | Watchfinder & Co

G

Lol no, no popcorn :) I've said my piece, that's it. I won't be responding to anything else. Thankfully I've found a way to block those images (which is all I wanted, my ISP is pants at caching anything and data costs a fortune where i am).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DJ87

Gold Patron
Certified
7/1/19
Europe
No, what you will find is you've spammed every single Daytona thread with your watch fishing for compliments.

The fact you have to name drop "Tattinger" just confirms you are one of 'those' guys.

What has this "hobby" got to do with my bandwidth? I want to see information pertinent to the thread, not your rep (which it is, no matter how much you want to 'super franken' it). I'm not the only one that has complained about this spamming, so wind your neck in son.

Good evening

Could not agree more man. And it speak volumes that its not compliments coming his way but complaints about spamming.
For real...the watch with that dial looks just stressful. Someone had to say it.

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
No, what you will find is you've spammed every single Daytona thread with your watch fishing for compliments.

The fact you have to name drop "Tattinger" just confirms you are one of 'those' guys.

What has this "hobby" got to do with my bandwidth? I want to see information pertinent to the thread, not your rep (which it is, no matter how much you want to 'super franken' it). I'm not the only one that has complained about this spamming, so wind your neck in son.

Good evening

I don’t really understand bro sorry, personally I like to share my experiences and pics of my built and watches, just for eyes pleasure, most of us do that, and on several threads.
I never thought it was spamming to share pics of my daily beaters, I just thinking could give ideas of what could be done with a base noob rep.
If kopite81 or others wants to share it’s experience and feelings of their own Franken or noob 4130, I really think it’s a nice idea, always better than keeping it only for them and never share pics.
Imao i think that many of us are doing the same and that’s how knowledge is share and could help members whose wanted to go same ways.
Every days received pm from members asking about noob 4130, they have replied because previously have share pics of mine and give opportunities to members to asked me if they have technical questions.

If most of us doesn’t share pics and feelings of our watches, not sure knowledge will be share.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

G

Micasol buddy this is not taking away from the awesome builds you put out, on the contrary. And yes sharing knowledge, pics and enthusiasm is widely and actively encouraged here.

But we do have a "Post what Rolex you are wearing today", "Post your frankens and build information", etc as well as the ability to create your own thread. That is where they should go. Anyway that's my last on the matter. I have coco to drink!

kopite81

2/12/18
Micasol buddy this is not taking away from the awesome builds you put out, on the contrary. And yes sharing knowledge, pics and enthusiasm is widely and actively encouraged here.

But we do have a "Post what Rolex you are wearing today", "Post your frankens and build information", etc as well as the ability to create your own thread. That is where they should go. Anyway that's my last on the matter. I have coco to drink!

My watch has been posted in threads that are relevant to my build / type of watch.

end of

Enjoy your evening!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
My watch has been posted in threads that are relevant to my build / type of watch.

end of

Enjoy your evening!

Dude seriously you are pushing it. This thread in particular is about a video highlighting how the STOCK Daytona is close to gen side by side. How the hell is a pic if your franken Daytona, with a custom dial relevant to this thread? Especially with no comment for what you're trying to say? As I said and to Micasol's point it is great to see a nice watch and it gives us ideas and we can discuss builds etc. That's actually great to see it in a couple of posts, or to see different pics and lighting conditions etc. But 5 times the same pics is spamming. Several people have told you. So you yes you're not breaking any rule but that does not mean that you are not being disrespectful. This is a community and just respecting the rule does not give you the right to have any attitude and behaviour that you want.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

end of

Enjoy your evening!

I share the thought of the others. It's unnecessary to post the same pic in xxx threads. Wristshot threads or threads that do fit, go ahead but not inside a thread about a youtube video. What value does it add? None at all. This is not negotiable so don't try coming back at me.

Also inb4 stupid comment- I drink Dom Perignon, just so you know where to put your Taittinger.

G

I share the thought of the others. It's unnecessary to post the same pic in xxx threads. Wristshot threads or threads that do fit, go ahead but not inside a thread about a youtube video. What value does it add? None at all. This is not negotiable so don't try coming back at me.

Also inb4 stupid comment- I drink Dom Perignon, just so you know where to put your Taittinger.

I'm a Veuve Clicquot myself, evidently no class whatsover! :drinks_cheers:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Guy just sold his franken M2M, so I think it's clear now why he was spamming every single Daytona thread with pics of it

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Guy just sold his franken M2M, so I think it's clear now why he was spamming every single Daytona thread with pics of it

Idk. I think he recently got it and was super happy, that’s why he shared. I was annoyed by the amount of pictures too though. Idk why he sold it

G

Lmao thats hilarious. I'm eagerly awaiting the next "franken" to appear and the inevitable spam fest across the threads. From his username he is a Liverpool supporter so it explains a lot haha.

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
So I was fortunate enough to get a Noob Daytona V2.2 before the vacation from my TD. While watching the video and holding the Noob up to my face, I cannot actually see those flaws that are magnified in the video. What are the real tells if you were the hold it side by side with the real one without a loupe?

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12

Dom is ok krug is where it's really at especially the rose lol

pimsis

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/15
To stay a bit on topic...

Oh dear lord the genuine luxury watch community. OH GOD. They make me cringe so much, really, honestly. The classic WUS guys that collect microbrands, vintage Seikos, etc, are really great guys usually, and love their hobby. I have several friends on that side and I must admit I enjoy reading reviews on that level.

But then you have the "luxury collectors". And boy oh boy they are quite an obnoxious bunch, usually. As peterpl very rightly pointed, most of them buy these tiny mechanical engineering marvels just to show off, with absolute zero interest in how many hours of expertise are behind them. One thing I find very funny that defines our community with them:

Scenario 1. You show your Rolex to a rep-fan (or nice WUS collector). Reaction: "Nice! Look at that recessed SEL! Is that the one with the fully cloned movement, with column wheel and vertical clutch? Can I press the chrono pusher? Apparently is a completely different feel than cam actuated. Look at that thickness!" (And so on)

Scenario 2. You show your Rolex to a "luxury collector". Reaction: "Nice! ...how much?".

I'm currently reading up to this thread and I saw this reaction. This is how it works. This is why the LWC (luxury watch community lol) makes me cringe. This is why I love this forum.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

pimsis

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/15
Its the times we live in bro. People have to put their comments under every damn thing online.. they must tell their opinion to everyone - no matter if it is valid or pointless. Heck i guess i am doing the same right now :)

Sometimes i wish we still had only landlines and fax machines.

Ditto.

Reactions: Itto

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Lmao thats hilarious. I'm eagerly awaiting the next "franken" to appear and the inevitable spam fest across the threads. From his username he is a Liverpool supporter so it explains a lot haha.

Liverpool, champions of Europe. Came back against Lionel Messi Barcelona from 3-0 down. Explain that haha

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
So I was fortunate enough to get a Noob Daytona V2.2 before the vacation from my TD. While watching the video and holding the Noob up to my face, I cannot actually see those flaws that are magnified in the video. What are the real tells if you were the hold it side by side with the real one without a loupe?

Pretty much indistinguishable without a loupe having them side by side.
These nitpickings while good that they ensure the reps are constantly improving, can overshadow how good the watch actually is.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
These nitpickings while good that they ensure the reps are constantly improving, can overshadow how good the watch actually is.

Nitpickers like us keep the factories on the path to rep perfection, at which point reps cease to be reps, luxury watch business collapses, and mass hysteria ensues.
Back on topic, the Noob Daytona is getting close. Even my brother, a formally staunch rep-denier, wants one.