• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona stopped running...

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Hey guys....my Daytona stopped running. If i wind it, it'll run for a little bit then quit. Worth fixin' or trash it?? :? [/i]

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I'd say it's worth fixing especially if it's one of the ones the dealers on these boards sell. Fix might be complicated though because the mvt is. Let us know what you plan to do and how it works out. The more learning for us, the better.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Could you post a pic of it? If you have the tool/know how, take off the back, that way we'll know if it's like the kind the dealers on these boards sell. I'm sure some of the watchmakers will chime in with some potential ( lots of them) causes of the watch stopping.

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I don't have a case back opener :( But i was gonna get one anyway..thanks for the replys :D

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
Need a little more info. What movement? If you don't know, who'd you buy it from and how much was it (we can pretty much figure it out).

Running seconds at 6 or 9? A pic would REALLY help.

I had an earlier TT with the incorrect sub-dial spacing that quit (chinese 7750 movement). Nice watch, but it pissed me off so I took the 'ol hammer to it.......shoulda seen all the little parts go flying. Obviously, I felt that repair was not warranted.

As Kerbus stated, if it's one of the latest versions with running secs at 6 and correct dial spacing, I'd send it off for fixin'.

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
It's at home now..i'll check it later.....probably some BS movement...that'll teach me!! :(

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
If you're still using old Asian 7750 version (incorrect dial spacing), you may consider trashing the watch (although there may be a simple fix to your movement (oiling i guess)).

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
takashi said:
If you're still using old Asian 7750 version (incorrect dial spacing), you may consider trashing the watch (although there may be a simple fix to your movement (oiling i guess)).

I think that's what i got.... :cry:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Would you try wind it manually? Unscrew the crown, turn it clockwise direction (not in time/date adjusting position).

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
takashi said:
Would you try wind it manually? Unscrew the crown, turn it clockwise direction (not in time/date adjusting position).

IT did....nothing!! :cry:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
dead movement... Not much you can do about it. You can either sell it off as dead watch and get a new one or you can send your watch to rbj for repair.

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
yeah its kinda twisted isnt it....LOL....unless a kid did it!....MY OFFER STANDS...

luckyyy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/06
...i can and will not do this with watches from other dealers -

but i have also a small problem with a daytona asia 7750 1b

she stops every 2 or 3 hours working and also the automaticfunktion does never work, so i have allways do it by hand.

i bring this watch to my watchsmith - an old man, his workplace looks like in the stonetime.

i bring the watch in the morning, he tells me to come on evening.

what should i say, on evening i get my daytona back - ALL WORKS as before.

he have repain many of this movements and i never see a watchsmith with so much known about fake movements.

Cracker

Known Member
3/4/06
That sounds like my guy Luckyyy... very old german watchsmith but the best there is around these parts

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I beg to differ. It may be due to something else. When the winding rotor came off, the manual wind should work just fine. Nevertheless, it's worth it to see what's going on inside the movement.

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
people will belive anything!.....I like the lil techno remix on the drawing link...lol

I WAN DA GOLE....