• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona rep - 21j - how to prep myself before delivery!!

Scandalous

Looking Around
28/6/09
Hi all! Good morning, afternoon or evening!

The watch in question - http://www.watcheden.com/rolex-daytona- ... 6-p-1.html

I'm a complete novice to reps but I did my research and these guys came up tops with some good reviews, quality and price.

Having just came across this site, I'm overwhelmed with the amount of info available! Having just read about the lifespan and quality of the cheaper movement I'm worried that my watch will fail.

I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction as to getting the most out of the watch and prolonging its life before I even get it!

Many thanks, and hi from Glasgow, Scotland

Stef

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Your watch will not fail... but remember that original movement is 7750 chronograph and that your asian 21j version has fauz chrnograph...

alvi

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

I wrote a review sort of 1 year ago about the a21j Daytonas...
...I have 2 of them right now, and only the first one failed on me, but it was sort of 2 days after I just bought it. The 21j Daytonas are pretty much trustworthy, so you don´t have to worry about them.

The 21j´s are actually some of the most acurate Daytonas, cause of the thickness of the case, which is closer to the GEN (thiner) agains the thick cases that have to acomodate the ETA ones...
You can read the whole review and check the pictures here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41485

Just don´t forget to post pics after you receive your watch, and be active on the wristcheck threads! Enjoy your watch, and awesome choice!

Cheers,
:)
Spirit.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
You need three things,

A box cutter
4oz, glass of single malt scotch
A polishing cloth
A hot girlfriend

Here's what you do.

Drink the scotch to prepare yourself.
Open the package with the box cutter
Take off the plastic and wipe it down
Stare lovingly at it,
Do the girlfriend to release the sexual tension that was created,

Scandalous

Looking Around
28/6/09
:lol:

Macallan at the ready...

Hottie - check

Stanley knife - check

No polishing cloth mind you :lol:

Seriously, thanks guys, I appreciate the good info. I'm just concerned that because of the chrono (is it the wheel/gear?) it may have a premmature death! I would happily take it to a local guy for it to be serviced. In all honesty, I would sacrifice the working chrono if that had an effect on the performance of the watch.

Nice pics and review Spirit :D

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Stef...you're not getting a working chrono. You're getting
little subdials that you'll contantly have to reset if you
don't wear the watch every other day. They'll probably
work OK as they are. I got a Monaco with that feature years
ago and they still work today.

Cheers, mate.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

You´re welcome :)

...a21j watches are very robust, and the chrono is faux...the main seconds hand keeps sweeping, and the small one @ 6 follows synchronized with it. It´s not like the A7750 with modified secs that are like bombs waiting to get problems...

I had 3 Daytonas until now...
The first one, runs ok until today.
The second one, stopped 2 days after, the seller showed to not be trustful and said me she had serviced the watch, but actually nothing was done...I forced an exchange for another watch. (not daytona)
The third one, is my favorite of all and I wear it very often..I love it and it had never give me any problem too..

One day I´ll get still another Daytona... mind you :D

Cheers,
Spirit.

bulldog4444

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/4/09
I have two of the faux Daytona's with the 21J movement. My full gold works flawless but is TOO much to wear often. The stainless steel version runs slow by 4 minutes a day and I cannot seem to be able to regulate it. I have heard that if you cannot adjust/regulate with the lever inside by the balance wheel, it is probably not properly lubed.

Unfortunately, as I have stated in other threads, I purchased these from a scam site (I hadn't found this community as of yet) and cannot get any satisfaction from them so thus I'm screwed. My second buy of watches was from Watch Eden and I was extremely pleased. Good communication and fast shipping.

I'll keep an eye out for your pics when you get what will be the first of many toys. Good luck!