• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Panda

ToddWatch15

Horology Curious
25/10/23
Received my Panda today from PureTime. Supposed to be BEST Edition. This watch looks like I bought it on a corner in NYC from a guy in a trench coat. The second hand will not make a complete rotation without stopping. Typically between the 51-57 makers. The crown wobbles to the point I am afraid to unscrew it to update the time.

Wow, so many wonderful reviews on this AD, and I get this crap watch.

Yes, I have an email into PureTime and am hoping for resolution. However, my hopes are not all that high.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Let's get the whole story first before you just drag their name for nothing.

First, post pictures of the watch.

Secondly, a link of the watch you bought on their site.

Third, are you certain you bought from the correct puretime website? There are known scam sites that scam under their name.

Is it the watch you posted QC pics in this post?

Last edited:
Reactions: TESLA760

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Please provide the order number for this watch or a link of it. Not sure if we understand correctly, do you mean second hand will stop at 51-57 minute? Did you wind the watch?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Below is short video of sweeping hand stopping. Stops at the same place everytime around
You need to upload the video either on YouTube or Vimeo. Without a facebook account, no one can watch it.

ToddWatch15

Horology Curious
25/10/23
I am trying....newbie here

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Well first...

That watch certainly does not look like:

This watch looks like I bought it on a corner in NYC from a guy in a trench coat.

Which factory is it? a ZF or a Clean?? It would benefit you best if you paint a clear picture here with details. I cannot even tell you what could be possibly wrong since I don't know what movement is in it.

Can you post a link of the watch you ordered on their site?

ToddWatch15

Horology Curious
25/10/23
Well first...

That watch certainly does not look like:

Which factory is it? a ZF or a Clean?? It would benefit you best if you paint a clear picture here with details. I cannot even tell you what could be possibly wrong since I don't know what movement is in it.

Can you post a link of the watch you ordered on their site?

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
This may be an unfortunate issue with the ZF’s new SH4130 movement. Though this does happen with the DD4130 as well.

you could get it replaced, serviced, or buy a DD4130 movement. In any case, you should discuss your options with your TD.

ToddWatch15

Horology Curious
25/10/23
This may be an unfortunate issue with the ZF’s new SH4130 movement. Though this does happen with the DD4130 as well.

you could get it replaced, serviced, or buy a DD4130 movement. In any case, you should discuss your options with your TD.
Thank you. I have reached out to PureTime and am waiting for their reply. Time difference obviously creates a lag

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Interesting.

So that is a brand new release and so is its movement. It has not been out long enough, so it is considered to be in its trial phase (most watches in the rep industry go through this phase).

It is known that the Clean watch with the SA4130 is the better mechanical 4130 movement.

I would source someone to fix it and either charge the dealer or ask for a discount for your next order.

As disappointing as it is, this happens often in the industry and it is a well known risk.

ToddWatch15

Horology Curious
25/10/23
Interesting.

So that is a brand new release and so is its movement. It has not been out long enough, so it is considered to be in its trial phase (most watches in the rep industry go through this phase).

It is known that the Clean watch with the SA4130 is the better mechanical 4130 movement.

I would source someone to fix it and either charge the dealer or ask for a discount for your next order.

As disappointing as it is, this happens often in the industry and it is a well known risk.
Thanks for the info

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
This watch looks like I bought it on a corner in NYC from a guy in a trench coat
The quality and finishing is high, it definitely can't be called a "Crap". As for the movement issue, it can happen to all the watches or even reliable movements. If you have already wrriten to us, we should get back to you very soon. We will disscuss this further.