• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona / GMT bracelet swap

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
From reading around it looks like a Daytona 116500 PCL bracelet will fit on my Pepsi.

My only Daytona is a 116509 WG
It doesn’t fit the Pepsi.

I also read the lug holes between precious metal Daytona are different than SS models so that makes sense.

Can anyone confirm this ?? Thanks

I was hoping to try a PCL oyster on my Pepsi.

Good excuse to buy a WG blue dial Pepsi, but too many other awesome reps on my wish list at the moment.

cubicmangoes

Time is free, but it’s priceless.
Patron
Certified
9/9/21
In my experience, the GMT and Daytona bracelets have a different SEL shape. The Daytona SEL is a bit longer and flatter in shape, hence why the gen bracelets have different ref. numbers. Why not source a GMT bracelet? Keep in mind though that older GMT bracelets have thicker springbars (2mm) vs the newer ones (3285) which have slimmer ones. You'll have to get the right bracelet for your Pepsi reference for a flawless fit.

Reactions: domiffm and APjumbo

Conan301

Horology Curious
6/2/24
I just swapped the Bracelet from my Daytona Panda to a Batgirl to see if I could can change it to a Batman and it seems fine. I am new to the RepWorld but it meets my standard of fitting to the case. I had the same thought as you that maybe a 20mm Daytona band could fit a 20mm GMT because they only sell Daytona Oyster bands from Clean at ChazingTime and I wanted an Oyster band for my GMT. I will now put the Daytona Clean Oyster on my Panda that I ordered from Chazingtime. I consider it the conversion of Batgirl to Batman with a Daytona oyster band complete.

Reactions: APjumbo

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I just swapped the Bracelet from my Daytona Panda to a Batgirl to see if I could can change it to a Batman and it seems fine. I am new to the RepWorld but it meets my standard of fitting to the case. I had the same thought as you that maybe a 20mm Daytona band could fit a 20mm GMT because they only sell Daytona Oyster bands from Clean at ChazingTime and I wanted an Oyster band for my GMT. I will now put the Daytona Clean Oyster on my Panda that I ordered from Chazingtime. I consider it the conversion of Batgirl to Batman with a Daytona oyster band complete.

Good opportunity to share a pic.
Use imgbb and copy the BBcode

Conan301

Horology Curious
6/2/24
Hey APjumbo I just wanted to share with you something I found trying to source the Oyster bracelet I wanted for my DJ that I want to have a switch bracelet for my jubilee Datejust watches.

Up in this thread in this cubicmagoes asked “Why not just source a GMT bracelet?”

I found this on the CTIME website where I just ordered a DJ bracelet that I got QC pics from in about a day

Maybe Cubicmangoes suggestion is the way to go if you need to buy a new bracelet if you can go with GMT ARF bracelet. My newbie understanding is they are a good factory.

Here is the link

GMT-Master II Solid Stainless Steel 904L Oyster Bracelet with Updated Rolesor Clasp (Made by ARF)

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Thanks for the link @Conan301
I didn’t realize they had parts and pricing on the TD sites.

Finding a GMT oyster is the obvious choice but I’m super cheap and was keeping my search to used stuff on M2M

That’s why I was curious if a Daytona bracelet would fit the lugs nicely.

Conan301

Horology Curious
6/2/24
Thanks for the link @Conan301
I didn’t realize they had parts and pricing on the TD sites.

Finding a GMT oyster is the obvious choice but I’m super cheap and was keeping my search to used stuff on M2M

That’s why I was curious if a Daytona bracelet would fit the lugs nicely.

I would say that if there is any difference in how it fits I can't see it even looking close so if you are trying to save money the difference if there is any is not worth trying to source a GMT over a Daytona bracelet even used. Just MHO