• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
1ERiD.jpg

A couple with a couple :)

<3

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
except when wearing black belt and shoes I trust .... :p

Nah mate, even when i go formal it’s still this strap. I don’t really give two hoots about ensuring the ensemble fits. Haha. I just find bracelets too heavy and i have to be careful where i’m putting my hands.. ;):p

But to each his own! Maybe one day i’ll leave the bracelet on.. probably for that 116622 i’m planning to buy.

Reactions: RiffRalf and KJ2020

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Nah mate, even when i go formal it’s still this strap. I don’t really give two hoots about ensuring the ensemble fits. Haha. I just find bracelets too heavy and i have to be careful where i’m putting my hands.. ;):p

But to each his own! Maybe one day i’ll leave the bracelet on.. probably for that 116622 i’m planning to buy.

Your watch looks really good on that brown leather strap. It's a bit like my Speedmaster which looks really great on a variety of straps on other people's poctires. But to me the steel strap is such an essential part of the watch that I always wear it with the steel strap. (Plis removing the steel strap is a bit of a hassle) When - not if - the time comes for my Daytona I eill probably feel the same way

Reactions: KJ2020

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
Your watch looks really good on that brown leather strap. It's a bit like my Speedmaster which looks really great on a variety of straps on other people's poctires. But to me the steel strap is such an essential part of the watch that I always wear it with the steel strap. (Plis removing the steel strap is a bit of a hassle) When - not if - the time comes for my Daytona I eill probably feel the same way

I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s like you don’t pair your finest silverware for dinner with a plastic drinking cup for the wine. But i love how the leather strap gives something so shiny and brilliant a bit of explorer’s ruggedness. I want to look good while still feeling comfortable in my own skin and imo this combo suits me best. But like i said, i’m only doing this because the Daytona can pull it off. The 116622 probably can’t!

Reactions: KJ2020 and RiffRalf

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I totally get where you’re coming from. ...
Same here, i totally get your approach as well, and you can change the look of a watch so much by putting it on a different leather or even a NATO. Which is easy, snap snap with a watch spring bar tool or even more so with a pop off caseback opener. i do it often to my Russian watches of which I have a collection and my birth year Jaeger LeCoultre dress watch when I am in that Mad Men mood. Taking off a steel strap is much more of a chore though poking in the little hole of the end link tryng to press down on the spring bar so I just leave mine on.
I totally agree on how you describe the look of your watch, that brown leather with the white stitching. i think you can put a yachtie on a leather also. Rubber even or a NATO.