• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

contender09

Getting To Know The Place
18/12/13
Does anyone have pics in the sun of a rose gold daytona with the brown dial? I have checked the search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

alvesaw

Known Member
Certified
6/6/23
EU
Hey all,

Been awhile since I’ve posted but finally managed to get my custom dial installed into my btf Daytona donor watch.
Decided to get the movement serviced so took a bit longer than usual.
But here she is in all her glory.
Details are BTF Daytona with a custom Arabic aventurine dial. Pictures do not capture just how it catches the sunlight and dial sparkles.

Holy shit. Who made this dial for you?

KruisingKhaos95

Got any plums?
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
Does anyone have pics in the sun of a rose gold daytona with the brown dial? I have checked the search but couldn't find what I was looking for.
This is as much sun as you are gonna get from me here in the UK... :ROFLMAO:

KFtIro.jpeg

KFtqLk.jpeg

KruisingKhaos95

Got any plums?
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
All the pics i’ve seen with yellow/rose gold, for me the colors of the metal are not so matchy with gen…
Depends on lighting, under harsh unnatural light I agree the RG colour looks awful:

KFtO7J.jpeg

But in natural light:

KFtIro.jpeg

KFtqLk.jpeg

Same watch, different lighting conditions. Even RG plated/wrapped watches have this issue, outdoors they look decent, indoors, not so much.

Last edited:

contender09

Getting To Know The Place
18/12/13
Depends on lighting, under harsh unnatural light I agree the RG colour looks awful:

KFtO7J.jpeg

But in natural light:

KFtIro.jpeg

KFtqLk.jpeg

Same watch, different lighting conditions. Even RG plated/wrapped watches have this issue, outdoors they look decent, indoors, not so much.
😍😍😍😍 oh wow that looks so good in natural light. I'm definitely gonna pull the trigger now. Thank you for these. Much appreciated.

Reactions: KruisingKhaos95

CF_Stan

CF/FC, ZrO2, PVD/DLC STupid fAN
Patron
Certified
14/6/23
UK
Just recently received my fantasy build. Great work done by @ado213 putting it all together.

Thanks also to @mrsullivan for the crystal, @SeikoMod for the bezel and the king of fantasy @KJ2020 for all the advice.
I had a go at painting the hands myself but failed miserably so enlisted an expert. There's a slight imperfection near the hub on the chrono seconds hand but only noticeable under magnification, on the wrist it looks perfect. It's turned out so much better than I imagined.

KFNlJi.jpeg

KFNtjI.jpeg

KFN8u4.jpeg

KFNd2F.jpeg

KFNTF5.jpeg

KFNPlp.jpeg

KFNCWb.jpeg

KFNBIc.jpeg

KFNFAo.jpeg