• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona 116500 Noob v3 Dial issue

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
I hope you are right with a competitior for the SA 4130 movement. Noob is really exploiting their monopoly on this movement with their "I do not care" mentality.
Do not get me wrong, I really appreciate Noobs accomplishment in cloning this highly complex movement, but after 2 years in the market the outside Quality of the watch has to be on par with the inside. Especially considering the usual rises in price with each version.

For example I have just seen the new Gold Daytonas on Trusty. Have a look at their Dial print. For 700 Dollars this must be a bad joke:

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I am waiting qc from one of this Noob gold. I will change dial with ARF one, I will show you Noob dial ;-)

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
I am waiting qc from one of this Noob gold. I will change dial with ARF one, I will show you Noob dial ;-)

Mate, that is exactly what I mean.
In order to get an acceptable watch (yes I know we on RWI are special and probably other people do not care) we have to buy an ARF Daytona for another 500 USD plus Modder Costs. To be honest for 1.500 Dollars we have a killer watch that probably only experts can spot as a replica. However this really sucks.

But I will go the same route and have bought 4 Noob Daytonas and 4 ARF Daytonas to let me create Hybrids.
We have to be crazy :D

Last edited:
Reactions: bosaftw

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Mate, that is exactly what I mean.
In order to get an acceptable watch (yes I know we on RWI are special and probably other people do not care) we have to buy an ARF Daytona for another 500 USD plus Modder Costs. To be honest for 1.500 Dollars we have a killer watch that probably only experts can spot as a replica. However this really sucks.

But I will go the same route and have bought 4 Noob Daytonas and 4 ARF Daytonas to let me create Hybrids.
We have to be crazy :D

Wich hybrids bro?

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Currently I have sent a Noob and ARF White Dial 116520 to Domi to build me a nice NARFtona. I have asked him to use the ARF Dial, Crystal and gasket, bezel (shaved) and Clasp.
Hope to get watch back in about 6 weeks.

The next watches I will send him are the Panda and black dial 116500 (both of my watches are V2.2 with CF bezels already installed) and the black dial 116520. All donor watches are ARF V2s.

Then I have a Little crazy Fantasy Project in mind, which I might do at the end of the year: Take the new 116503 two tone Daytona, put on an ARF Ceramic bezel (leftover from the hybrid builds) and use a Stainless Steele bracelet with ARF Clasp.