• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Davidsen 2nd Generation PVD arrived today

episaacs

Known Member
19/5/06
My 026 PVD by David San arrived today. Beautiful watch and worth every penny. Here are a few pics; I don't take pics at the level of some of you, but I think you can see well enough to appreciate what a looker it is.

026pvd009Small.jpg

026pvd007Small.jpg

026pvd006Small.jpg

026pvd003Small.jpg

026pvd001Small.jpg

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
My 195 is on the way. I can't wait. Looks awesome wear it proudly.

Sean K

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
wow...it is nice...and its a destro somemore...ermm...will looking forward to have that tooo

exper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/06
looks fantastic, wear it well ! I can't wait to get my 202 now :)

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Great watch - enjoy! I have a 202a - already been swimming with it (so cool to have a rep that is tested 3 ATM'd) and I have a 201a on the way; 195 next.

David is a great resource.

Cheers, BBB

RqThrottle

31/5/06
bigbadbrad said:
I have a 202a - already been swimming with it (so cool to have a rep that is 3 ATM'd!)

OK, not to be a party pooper, but 3 atm is NOTHING. The crappiest timex it at least 5 atm. You should not be swimming with a 3 atm watch. The pressure that you can generate by moving your watch on the water can far exceed that 3 atm limit.

Straight from Citizen's site:

"Water resistance is measured at a static, or motionless state. As the watch is moved in water, such as from the motion of swimming, pressure is added from velocity. While you may be swimming in a pool at surface level, the watch may be experiencing forces equal to 3 BAR (ATM). Diving into a pool can cause pressures on the watch in excess of 3 BAR (ATM).

Always allow a margin of safety when exposing your watch to moisture. You should never "push the limit" of the degree of water resistance. For example, if the case back of your watch states "Water Resistant to 10 ATM, you should only expose the watch to 7 or 8 ATM of pressure."

If you must swim with your rep. please have it pressure tested to higher depths. Most watchmakers can test up to 10 atm.

Regards,

episaacs

Known Member
19/5/06
I can't imagine swimming with any watch. Then again, I don't sleep or shower with one either. Desk diver only.

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
YEaahh...desk diver ...same with me ...no shower ..no swwimming ..not even sleeping with them or any watches at all...not comfortable at all ... :D

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
episaacs said:
Desk diver only.

F-ing hilarious, and describes me perfectly. For some reason I have a bigger fit when water gets on my rep than when water gets on one of my cameras.

RB

charlesdickens

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/06
I do everything in my watches. Work under the hood, yard work, sim, shower... other stuff... :wink: It's all good when you have a nice watch on! Needless to say, I prefer tool watches to jewelry watches.

ohmycocker

27/3/06
anyone notice the crown guard of this 026 is of the wrong orientation? should be upside down

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
enzo said:
You know most of these CGs are mechanically reversable - and some models have the lever up and others the lever down. So I gotta think that it should be as personal as other things you can adjust on one's watch.

For example:

I wear watches as a scuba diver. [Not that I dive as constantly as I did once, the water's too bloody cold unless I am in the tropical islands :) ] But old habits die hard and frankly most dive nuances make sense to me .

1. I wear my watch on the right arm not the left. What this does is makes most watches DESTRO by design. An inside crown doesn't catch up on stuff. [Hence when I wear actual destros, I tend to wear them on the Left arm to get the same effect.] But, oddly, I destroy watches less if they are on my right for some reason? That is just a personal aside.

2. I reverse direction of the straps whenever I get a new watch. Always put my 'buckle' strap at 6:00, again this keeps all the loose bits of the strap on the inside or protected side of the arm.

So when it comes to the Crown Guard, as a tool watch, it would be logical to have the lever pointing down, regardless of "style". As a functional aspect the lever is less apt to catch and open if it is inward. I admit I tend to leave the reps where they are, but I used to dive with a Generic [tribute]Panerai case that I build up and had tested through a dive shop. It was a very practical dive watch and I did reverse the CG on it because I used to find the lever popped open when it was at the top, as it would snag on something somewhere along in the dive ...

I guess the whole point to this is, just because something comes off the shelf with say a stainless steel bracelet, putting the watch head on a NATO band doesn't make it any less a ... Rolex .. Panerai .. Timex ... we are allowed to tune and adjust our possesions to work for us.

thank you Enzo for ur words of WIS-dom! :) makes so much sense now...