• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

babiibryan

Horology Curious
20/4/19
So I just got the DJF silver 36mm for my fiance

Was in the biggest debate between ARF (which i love Dj41 and Daytona) vs DJF.

I went with DJF because of the font.

DJF is the real deal for those that can't stand the stupid ARF date font.

Feel is great, finish great, movement feels great to wind and play with.

Date doesn't change instant at midnight

But highly recommend DJF for those on the fence

Can you share pictures of your watch? I want to see the Date font. Thanks

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
I also noticed a new RZF 906 36mm 116234 DJ out on pure time.

Has anyone tried it before?
I don't see it stating 904L bracelet.

I've been searching high and low for an ARF 36dj on oyster 904L but EVERYONE, 2 TDs and dealers so far tell me it's out of stock, only comes on jubilee now

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
I also noticed a new RZF 906 36mm 116234 DJ out on pure time.

Has anyone tried it before?
I don't see it stating 904L bracelet.

I've been searching high and low for an ARF 36dj on oyster 904L but EVERYONE, 2 TDs and dealers so far tell me it's out of stock, only comes on jubilee now

Ive got a jubilee coming for my djf, so i will be looking fo sell my 904l djf oyster bracelet if you want it?

aflop

22/5/13
Anyone knows if an ARF and DJF bracelets are a straight swap?

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I received the DJF 36mm blue dial. Beautiful watch and the rotor is smooth and quiet. I think this maker could be a formidable contender. Hope they make more Rolex reps.

therevenant

20/9/18
I bought the datejust 36mm blue dial from ARF... I want to franken it, but I don't find any gen blue dials as a good price, so maybe I would get the DJF bue dial, what do you guys think??

the ARF really has the crown way too high...

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I bought the datejust 36mm blue dial from ARF... I want to franken it, but I don't find any gen blue dials as a good price, so maybe I would get the DJF bue dial, what do you guys think??

the ARF really has the crown way too high...

wait for a gen dial imo

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
thanks, they will be quite expensive tho (quite rare...)

No point in putting another rep dial on it to be honest. You'll end up paying for a rep dial + watchmaker to fit it and in the end it will still be a rep dial that will have other flaws than the current one. Noone is going to call out the ARF dial and if they're able to call out the ARF, then they're also able to call out any other rep dial.

Besides that, noone is going to know a gen dial from rep unless they get a gen+rep next to eachother, a magnifying glass and 5 minutes of close inspections to find errors :)

therevenant

20/9/18
No point in putting another rep dial on it to be honest. You'll end up paying for a rep dial + watchmaker to fit it and in the end it will still be a rep dial that will have other flaws than the current one. Noone is going to call out the ARF dial and if they're able to call out the ARF, then they're also able to call out any other rep dial.

Besides that, noone is going to know a gen dial from rep unless they get a gen+rep next to eachother, a magnifying glass and 5 minutes of close inspections to find errors :)

ok, you've convinced me... the thing is... that logo is really way high up and annoys me... you build a replica for yourself not to others :)

neverthless, and given the price of the dials, I will follow your advice, thanks :)

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
ok, you've convinced me... the thing is... that logo is really way high up and annoys me... you build a replica for yourself not to others :)

neverthless, and given the price of the dials, I will follow your advice, thanks :)

The ARF Dial is really quite good. Go Gen xtal Gen DW nice medium balance. A Gen blue dial will likely set you back 450usd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

therevenant

20/9/18
The ARF Dial is really quite good. Go Gen xtal Gen DW nice medium balance. A Gen blue dial will likely set you back 450usd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right now I have the ARF but the crown too high always annoys me... anyway... thanks :)

odnaut

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/15
A member since 2015 and you still don't know the rules?

I am so sorry, there is my first rep watch and I have used "upload attachments" instead of "Upload pictures". But now I understand, and there are my qc pictures:

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I am so sorry, there is my first rep watch and I have used "upload attachments" instead of "Upload pictures". But now I understand, and there are my qc pictures:

That is not at all what I meant, lol :)

Look, I appreciate any QC pictures as well as the next guy, but you're not allowed to openly asked if there are any flaws with the watch you've ordered. You may only ask for opinions about specific issues. For an example "Do you think that the datewheel looks wrong?" or... "My SEL looks a bit off, should I still accept" ?

odnaut

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/15
That is not at all what I meant, lol :)

Look, I appreciate any QC pictures as well as the next guy, but you're not allowed to openly asked if there are any flaws with the watch you've ordered. You may only ask for opinions about specific issues. For an example "Do you think that the datewheel looks wrong?" or... "My SEL looks a bit off, should I still accept" ?

I see, thank you so much for your guide ^^. What do you think that the date of dw, is it still a bit bold?

Vs2OOT.md.jpg
Vs23sA.md.jpg