• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Woot. Through customs. Too bad I don't still live in LA, could have just picked it up today.

nonox

30/3/12
I really wonder why ARF don't just make a 2824 version. Same with their Oyster Perpetual. I've never bought a Rolex clone movement just due to the extra cost of servicing and possibly gen parts. Idk. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and go for it on my next purchase. Oyster Perpetual has been calling my name for awhile now.

From my experience in rep world, clone 2824 is not always much more reliable (again from my experience) and always break down after 1 or 2 years.
of course some will tell me that they have one that works perfectly since 5 years
It is true that it is possible to swap them with a gen ETA easily but it has a cost anyway (movement + work if you are not able to do it by yourself)
I don’t know the reliability of a clone 3135 with a service because the only experience I had did not last more than a year (without service) but currently it is not better (for me) with the clone eta.
A clone 3135 costs $ 190+150$ for service so we can always imagine replacing the entire movement if it breaks down after 4/5 years.

Factories constantly improve the clone of 3135 and do not forget that these movements are"young" and which have a huge margin of progress.

in 2/3 years the reliability of a clone 3135 will may be equivalent to a clone 2824 or even higher why not ?

Chinese factories are able to learn quickly when the buisness is promising. I am sure that in a few years 3135 clones will be as reliable as the gen (ok I'm exaggerating a little)

I do not like these Rolex clones too much, but I think things are getting better with the years.

little positive and hopeful thought of the evening :)

Reactions: stufuse

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
From my experience in rep world, clone 2824 is not always much more reliable (again from my experience) and always break down after 1 or 2 years.
of course some will tell me that they have one that works perfectly since 5 years
It is true that it is possible to swap them with a gen ETA easily but it has a cost anyway (movement + work if you are not able to do it by yourself)
I don’t know the reliability of a clone 3135 with a service because the only experience I had did not last more than a year (without service) but currently it is not better (for me) with the clone eta.
A clone 3135 costs $ 190+150$ for service so we can always imagine replacing the entire movement if it breaks down after 4/5 years.

Factories constantly improve the clone of 3135 and do not forget that these movements are"young" and which have a huge margin of progress.

in 2/3 years the reliability of a clone 3135 will may be equivalent to a clone 2824 or even higher why not ?

Chinese factories are able to learn quickly when the buisness is promising. I am sure that in a few years 3135 clones will be as reliable as the gen (ok I'm exaggerating a little)

I do not like these Rolex clones too much, but I think things are getting better with the years.

little positive and hopeful thought of the evening :)

Fair assessment. Hopefully in a few years the clone movements will be on par and won't need any replacement parts. Oh and hopefully they can get the damn datewheel font right. You'd think that'd be the easiest part

nonox

30/3/12
lol it is true that on this point this damn police DW does not seem to evolve better although it does not seem complicated to use the right font for a piece that must cost 1$ to manufacture and this requires us to spend half of the watch price for a gen

Reactions: Razorig2

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
At this point yeah. I'm guessing they placed a huge order for the fat ones and have to get through them before correcting it. Main reason I got the 2824 sub

All their 3135 watches have the same fat font, going back a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Razorig2

antixx

Horology Curious
4/12/18
You can find them on Ebay, Chrono 24, maybe in the parts section here.

Whats the degree of difficulty to replace dial/Dw if I have never opened a watch? I love learning new skills though and I hate paying others to do work I can learn.

I wish ARF would just fix the font so I dont have to replace it :p.

Last edited:
Reactions: hung123

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
Whats the degree of difficulty to replace dial/Dw if I have never opened a watch? I love learning new skills though and I hate paying others to do work I can learn.

Let put it this way ... It's not 'that' difficult ... but you WILL mess up your watch doing it the first time.

Go on DHGate ... buy a couple cheapie 21J automatic watches ... try to learn to do it on them first.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18

I wish ARF would just fix the font so I dont have to replace it :p.

You'll mess it up. I've modded a few Seiko 5's. Some came out great, another is completely broken. I wouldn't recommend doing mods on anything over $50 yourself the first few times.

antixx

Horology Curious
4/12/18
Let put it this way ... It's not 'that' difficult ... but you WILL mess up your watch doing it the first time.

Go on DHGate ... buy a couple cheapie 21J automatic watches ... try to learn to do it on them first.

Alright, will invest in a few dhgates to hopefully not ruin. Tho their loss will not be missed.

Reactions: Tacotuesday

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Just got mine in. will post pics in a bit. Have a similar problem with a detatching end link. It's not as bad as the one posted previously, but it comes out about twice as much as it should and is noticable on wrist. Going to see if I can get another one.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Just got mine in. will post pics in a bit. Have a similar problem with a detatching end link. It's not as bad as the one posted previously, but it comes out about twice as much as it should and is noticable on wrist. Going to see if I can get another one.

That's 2 out of 2 from people that have ordered and received one. Small sample, but I guess pretty safe to conclude that it's an issue with the current batch. That sucks mate :-/ I really look forward to the pics though. Damn what a shame :/

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Another issue I can see is the date window alignment. Some numbers are more centered, some or more to one side and some are more to the top or bottom. Probably wont be an issue on wrist but definitely noticeable when flipping through the dates.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Oh and the spring bars bent when removing the bracelet lol. Luckily I ordered some gen spec datejust spring bars from Everest the other day and the rep seems to have copied the gen spring bars. Which is good because ARF did their own thing on the sub and gen spec spring bars dont work on that.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Oh and the spring bars bent when removing the bracelet lol. Luckily I ordered some gen spec datejust spring bars from Everest the other day and the rep seems to have copied the gen spring bars. Which is good because ARF did their own thing on the sub and gen spec spring bars dont work on that.

Mate we're eagerly waiting for pics :D