• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Date just 126334

Observer

Do not accept unsolicited offers
7/3/23
UK
Hi, I just unpacked .
I wanted to reach out to you about the VSF Datejust 126334 I just unpacked. While it looks very nice, I have noticed a deviation between the specified size and the actual size of the watch. I measured 39mm, whereas you were expecting it to be 41mm. Is it a known issue? Also, do you have any comments about the watch?

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and welcome to RWI!

I noticed that this is your 2nd time posting on RWI. You are welcome to introduce yourself in the new members area in the "New members say hi" sub section.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (in all subsections), as they contain lots of information for newcomers and, most importantly, our forum rules which you need to know, and of course ideally to follow, to get the best out of your experience on RWI!

A good starting point is this list of links to the most important RWI resources:

Also this please read this important sticky:

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo during your time as a newbie. That's what we are here for!

Reactions: Feefo

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
As to your question, there's an easy explanation: Rolex themselves measures the DJ 41mm including the crown, while in reality the case has a little over 39mm. So all good... Your rep is well within Rolex specs. 😉

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Measure it diagonal, by the way. Not horizontal from left to right. It should now be 39.5. This is how it's supposed to be measured. 😊

Observer

7/3/23
UK
Thanks for your reply and guidance. Regarding the measuring, as you can see I took 2 measurements:diagonal and horizontal.

Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Thanks for your reply and guidance. Regarding the measuring, as you can see I took 2 measurements:diagonal and horizontal.
Ah, yeah, sorry about that. Didn't notice the third image.

Diagonally, it seems indeed a bit more, if I'm not mistaken, right? 😆 Looks like 39.5.

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Rolex is known for its "arbitrary" dimension indications. But here you can find all the info you need and after a bit of reading everyone knows that the 41 is actually a 39...
Bummer that you're not given an accurate measure from the manufacturer itself, and even more frustrating (talking about brand websites in general now) when you can't find thickness or lug-to-lug indications (the latter a true rarity).

Observer

7/3/23
UK
Rolex is known for its "arbitrary" dimension indications. But here you can find all the info you need and after a bit of reading everyone knows that the 41 is actually a 39...
Bummer that you're not given an accurate measure from the manufacturer itself, and even more frustrating (talking about brand websites in general now) when you can't find thickness or lug-to-lug indications (the latter a true rarity).
My apologies.

Observer

7/3/23
UK
Measure it diagonal, by the way. Not horizontal from left to right. It should now be 39.5. This is how it's supposed to be measured. 😊

Ah, yeah, sorry about that. Didn't notice the third image.

Diagonally, it seems indeed a bit more, if I'm not mistaken, right? 😆 Looks like 39.5.

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
My apologies.
Not at all, nothing to apologize. I was just ranting about the annoying fact that you don't get right data from the manufacturers themselves.