• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Damn... I need help....Ultimate PO (brandnew) NOT working!!!

saskwatch

Known Member
13/4/07
I got my Omega PO two weeks ago from a well reputed dealer here on the board.
Since I busted the bracelet in attempt to shorten it, I havent worn it since and it has been patiently waiting in the box.
2 days ago I couldnt wait anymore and got me a cheap rubberstrap to wear it.

In those 2 days I had to reset the time at least on 15 occassions !!!
Its been off time by 20 minutes to 3 hours.
The best I got so far was 3 hours without resetting it. But it gets worse....
I just came back from walking the dog in those 20 minutes I noticed the movement stopping 6 times!
When I was shaking the watch very hard the secondhand moved on, til the next stop a minute or two after that....
Its really annoying. Plus it doesnt serve its purpose of telling the correct time anymore...

Anybody know that problem and how to solve it?
Could it be the movement is broken?
Or was sent off dry?

If there is a quick fix to this problem I would really be eager to know it.
If not or it is a known issue, I probably should contact the dealer on this.
It was hard to get the watch in the first place since I had to pick this watch from customs... so I really hope its an easy fix.
The watch(secondhand) has stop already 6 times again in the 6 minutes while writing this post.......
please help

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
Suggest you either take it to a watchsmith or invoke your guarantee

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
I had a pam 187 doing the same thing. I don't know if you have the same movement, Asian 7750. BUT, I wresteled with it for 3 days, runs like a champ now.

I pulled the cover, and blew in it as hard as I could several times, (per higgy), hit it with very light oil. Then, with the crown stil pushed in, rotated the crown clock-wise 20 times. This somehow charges it. I would try the last first, the chargeing thing.

saskwatch

Known Member
13/4/07
triple-d said:
I had a pam 187 doing the same thing. I don't know if you have the same movement, Asian 7750. BUT, I wresteled with it for 3 days, runs like a champ now.

I pulled the cover, and blew in it as hard as I could several times, (per higgy), hit it with very light oil. Then, with the crown stil pushed in, rotated the crown clock-wise 20 times. This somehow charges it. I would try the last first, the chargeing thing.

I have the Ultimate Omega PO, it should be a Swiss ETA 2824-2 Automatic in there !
I thought the swiss were so reliable....???
It doesnt seem to be a known issue then?

GEJester

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/07
I agree with not slamming the dealer, however it would be helpful to know what watch you have with what movement. I had a GMT once the cheap guts that had similar problems. After I manually advanced the time several weeks, it seemed to loosen up and start working.

drhydro

23/3/06
The question I'd have is- when you first put it on after it sat unworn for a while, did you first wind it a bit, or did you just put it on and depend on the automatic winder to start it for you?
Because- in my experience it's best to start with a full wind- 30-40 rotations of the crown, clockwise- after that, the automatic winder will do a good job of keeping it wound with a good reserve for overnight on the dresser. But if you simply start with the watch completely unwound, the auto winder has a hard time getting "over the hump."

saskwatch

Known Member
13/4/07
drhydro said:
The question I'd have is- when you first put it on after it sat unworn for a while, did you first wind it a bit, or did you just put it on and depend on the automatic winder to start it for you?
Because- in my experience it's best to start with a full wind- 30-40 rotations of the crown, clockwise- after that, the automatic winder will do a good job of keeping it wound with a good reserve for overnight on the dresser. But if you simply start with the watch completely unwound, the auto winder has a hard time getting "over the hump."

I just put it on.... :shock:
Didnt know I could wind an automatic :oops:
I will try winding it right away
I will watch it for the next hour very closely and report back what happens....

saskwatch

Known Member
13/4/07
Nope, still no ticky..... it stands still after about 5 minutes even when I wear it !
lost 10 minutes already..... and the hour is not even over... :cry:
I will have to contact dealer....... see what he says...

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Not trying to be smart here but are you sure your winding it correctly? unscrew crown and then wind clockwose against the resistance.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
the watch loose 10 minutes in 5 minutes ? Damn there is fast and FAST.
Almost impossible :p

(the beat would be what, 86000 ? LOL)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
triple-d said:
Please tell me this is 'humour'. :shock:

saskwatch

Known Member
13/4/07
watchman12345 said:
Not trying to be smart here but are you sure your winding it correctly? unscrew crown and then wind clockwose against the resistance.

Yes, I unscrewed it, then set the time by pulling it out two clicks, push back the two clicks an then wind it clockwise / upwards towards the 12. I kept winding til I felt it resist, then I stopped because I didnt want to overwind it. After that I screw back in while pushing a little so it goes back in.

My best result so far was now 45 minutes without stopping. I wear it on the wrist when it stops and when I notice it I shake my wrist vigourisly and then it (the secondhand) conitoues ticking....

Now it even stops after every 20 seconds.... I think I must consider this watch broken... :cry:

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
saskwatch said:
watchman12345 said:

Yes, I unscrewed it, then set the time by pulling it out two clicks, push back the two clicks an then wind it clockwise / upwards towards the 12. I kept winding til I felt it resist, then I stopped because I didnt want to overwind it. After that I screw back in while pushing a little so it goes back in.

My best result so far was now 45 minutes without stopping. I wear it on the wrist when it stops and when I notice it I shake my wrist vigourisly and then it (the secondhand) conitoues ticking....

Now it even stops after every 20 seconds.... I think I must consider this watch broken... :cry:

contact your dealer and arrange for repair or replacement.

ArleighBurke

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/11/06
No Ticky

A sure cure for this is BFH. Apply some bfh lightly at first then more vigorously if the watch continues to act up. BFH can be applied right thru the caseback or crystal if you desire. Best thing about bfh is that even a child can apply it. There really is no right or wrong way with BFH.

italiano17771

Renowned Member
5/5/07
i had this same exact problem with my asian SFSO. it was very annoying!! my watch now is working great.

this is what i did.....took the back case off....shook it like crazy.....blew on it....moved the half circle thingy around....made sure everything was able to move....put the back case back on. you also want to be sure to wind this alot in the beginning. if it is a screw-down crown...turn counter clock-wise until it is unscrewed...then wind clockwise for a good 5 minutes. hopefully works for you...did for me.

i think something (dust maybe)was in the mvmt not letting it move. now when i shake the watch i hear stuff spinning....before i didnt.

-anthony

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
From what i've heard/read, the swiss ETA's are really good, but the movements used at the time could be surplus stock that's been sitting around for a while...

seems like it needs better lube, so either ask the dealer or take it in for servicing.

saskwatch

Known Member
13/4/07
crick said:
From what i've heard/read, the swiss ETA's are really good, but the movements used at the time could be surplus stock that's been sitting around for a while...

seems like it needs better lube, so either ask the dealer or take it in for servicing.

I have emailed the dealer(from this board) on May18th about this problem..... havent heard from him since...... what can I do?

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I think you should have notified the dealer before you tried to play watchsmith. :roll:

Not sure what you meant by "hit it with very light oil", but I'm thinking it cant be good.

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
screwed all the way.

The thing is a goner.

No playee with your toyee.

:cry:

Exchange or a watchsmith

saskwatch

Known Member
13/4/07
andreww said:
I think you should have notified the dealer before you tried to play watchsmith. :roll:

Not sure what you meant by "hit it with very light oil", but I'm thinking it cant be good.

Andrewww & paneraifreak ..... where did you get the idea I played watchsmith ????? which post are you refering to?

I have taken the PO out of the box, on my wrist and back in the box....... how watchsmithy is that ???
Seen the dealer has sent me a broken watch and emailed him about it...... so far NO REPLY.....

And how long does it normally take for dealer to answer mails??