• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Damn Divorce attornies... Rolex for sale on Craigslist

CBR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/07
I have communicated with this guy via email and phone a couple times. His story is 100% legit and we have a couple common friends. He really is being forced to sell the watch and split the proceeds with his soon to be ex-wife.
She is being so vindictive, that he was not even given the opportunity to "buy" the watch... It must be sold with proof of sale. Anyway, anyone in the market for a real field tested Rolex here is your chance..

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/jwl/1418842441.html

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
why doesnt he swap it for a rep and give to the lawyer to sell

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
That's terrible bro. All the best to your friend. Why not have someone trustworthy buy it for $10, give the $10 to his ex and then give the Rolex back to him? Has worked before with other items, as weird as this sounds.

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
why doesnt he swap it for a rep and give to the lawyer to sell

Because he is a US Navy Seal and the idea of being dishonest or underhanded is probably so far from his thought process that he would be offended by the suggestion. Not to mention, do you REALLY think that the clown in the suit wouldnt have it checked?

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Mate
If it helps I'll buy it for $10. you hold the watch until after the divorce then give it back to him. As for then 10 bucks I don't need that back. Just happy to help a guy out of a nasty situation.

DonBrizzel

Banned
10/8/09
Mate
If it helps I'll buy it for $10. you hold the watch until after the divorce then give it back to him. As for then 10 bucks I don't need that back. Just happy to help a guy out of a nasty situation.

Great idea.

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Thats what I meant. I'll be the trustworthy....:err:

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
Actually, the price needs to be "fair market value". Ive already discussed the option for a cheap sale. I even offered to give him $500 for it and let him keep it and pay me back when the divorce was over...
I am in contact with a couple other people at NAB Coronado and trying to pull together $1750 in "donations" from local military persons. In which case, I will "buy" the watch, he can give the money to his ex's attorney and keep the watch.
I cannot even begin to say how ANGRY this entire thing makes me. I had another Seal tell me a story about this guy that I cannot repeat... but suffice it to say the guy is an incredible person.

jvd45

6/9/09
@ guanaco, I thought the idea was inspired. You say it has worked before? 747 good on ya mate. I'm willing to do the same for a guy going throught a difficult time.
CBR could hang on to it for safekeeping. A legal sale should be binding, goods are not stolen so amount shouldn't matter (in UK £1 is sufficient consideration even when tendered for sale of house/ car). I have the coke and it is a lovely piece, had it years - lots of memories.

oh ok, fair market value huh? looks like the donation route is the way forward.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
ok - he should list it on a womens lib site - make it out like the guy is a real bastard.

the deal to them is to buy the watch for $10,000 (so the wife gets $5000)

someone work this scam though - its just an idea!

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Well if you are collecting donations the good part is you only need half of the money for his ex and her scumbag lawyer.

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
In less than 24 hours I have arranged for $1750 to be made available to this Seal. He will be able to keep his watch and pay off the attorney. Now its just a matter of gathering the funds (2 of the 3 people making contributions wish to remain anonymous) and getting the money to the attorney.
Did I mention how angry this makes me? I wasnt sure if I let that slip earlier.....

funniirishman

Looking Around
7/10/09
Good on you for working this out. Having been down that road I can tell you it can be a vindictive, miserable experience...and a costly one. Awesome that you can help the guy out and his miserable lecherous ho-bag of a wife can kiss his ass in court as he wears his watch:)