• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

D4M Noobmariner Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimLee

Horology Curious
17/5/06
Greg is a low-price, low-service dealer, but he was good about answering e-mails. He had a good price on a Noobmariner and warned that the movement was cheap, it was not guaranteed waterproof, and that he merely guaranteed that it arrived intact.

Noobmariner cases screw together tightly, so there appears to be no danger of getting water in the case. The day it arrived I got it wet in the pool and the bezel insert came out, along with the pearl. Apparently they used water-soluble glue.

Greg was annoyed when I e-mailed him. Ultimately I purchased another bezel insert on Ebay.

Greg probably only makes $15 per watch, so I can't expect him to replace everything. On the other hand this was a real pain in the ass for me. I would gladly pay a few dollars extra to get soemthing that doesn't fall apart immediately. Greg's site says "I offer good deals on the same watches that other dealers offer," but Trailboss99 noted that Noobfactory watches use waterproof glue. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55094

The watch seems otherwise okay, and the band has the adjustable screw-links. I just wish I had found a more careful dealer who charged $50 more and avoided these problems.

kimber45acp

16/3/09
KimLee said:
Noobmariner cases screw together tightly, so there appears to be no danger of getting water in the case. The day it arrived I got it wet in the pool and the bezel insert came out, along with the pearl. Apparently they used water-soluble glue.

Greg was annoyed when I e-mailed him. Ultimately I purchased another bezel insert on Ebay.

Greg probably only makes $15 per watch, so I can't expect him to replace everything. On the other hand this was a real pain in the ass for me. I would gladly pay a few dollars extra to get soemthing that doesn't fall apart immediately. Greg's site says "I offer good deals on the same watches that other dealers offer," but Trailboss99 noted that Noobfactory watches use waterproof glue. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55094

The watch seems otherwise okay, and the band has the adjustable screw-links. I just wish I had found a more careful dealer who charged $50 more and avoided these problems.

It's not the dealer that's the issue here. It's the buyer. You really didn't do your homework on reps and now you want to hold Greg accountable for your error? I will guarantee if you submerge 99% of reps to water, at the very least the bezel inserts will come off. Most other dealers will have reacted similarly as well.
Your fortunate that putting the bezel insert back is a simple repair that is relatively idiot proof. That's probably the best course of action for you. Greg is not the type of dealer who will hold your hand through a transaction, so maybe I can suggest you try another dealer that will probably service you better.

I will also say that Greg will only replace or fix your watch if it's DOA or the wrong item was shipped. Here's a quote from his site "I will guarantee your watch through customs and it will not be dead on arrival. This is where my warranty stops.....I will only warranty against wrong colors (supposed to be black, received white) and free floating hands and non working movements so long as I receive an email within 12 hours of delivery"

I bought a PAM111H from him and it was DOA. A few weeks later a replacement arrived and all was well. Here's a link for reference.
viewtopic.php?f=171&t=53115

TWadeJ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/09
Are you serious??? You bought a cheap rep, took it to the pool and are surprised by the result?

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
I don't think you have a case when you imply D4M isn't a careful dealer.

The model you bought was his cheapest. You get it at a dirt cheap price and with the warning up front on his website, then get upset to find it's cheap for a reason and now say you wish you'd paid more.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
all the dealers sell this same noobmariner but if it will make you feel better to pay more for it from a different dealer feel free to do so. ideal sells it for about 800.00

you are right about it being screwed together tightly but that isn't where a rep sub leaks. they will leak at the crystal gasket, they aren't manufactured the same as a gen.

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
How old are you, and has anyone ever told you that you are an idiot? If not, let me be the first. Your post is so pathetic that I am not going to bother to explain why. It is more than obvious to 99.657% of the members here. You should be banned for a week! Lesson learned?

D

d4m.test

"Noobmariner cases screw together tightly, so there appears to be no danger of getting water in the case. The day it arrived I got it wet in the pool and the bezel insert came out, along with the pearl. Apparently they used water-soluble glue."

Are you kidding me? You took the cheapest replica Rolex and put it in the pool the day you receive it WITHOUT at least greasing the seals and making sure the back was properly sealed? And all that happened was the bezel insert came out? CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY and move on.

Seriously, maybe your just brand new to replica watches. Maybe your just a really trusting person who thinks the best of everything. And maybe you really had no reason to make this post. Greg provided EXACTLY what he advertised and you took it upon yourself to do something that should not have been done without proper preparation.

YES, the noobs are basically able to be made waterproof. And there is never any telling what adhesives are being used from one watch to another. I recall seeing a checklist of things to do when you receive a brand new replica... And jumping in a pool was not on the list.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
no, he's not new to reps, he joined about 2 months after this board went live. after being a member that long i don't understand not knowing about reps and water. maybe he forgot?

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
You knew it was not waterproof.....yet, you still got it wet? I'm sorry. But, I do not see why you would even bother to make this post?

prelude

Renowned Member
6/6/09
USA
Grag didn't say watch was waterproof and you should never go into the pool without proper mods and waterproofing. I don't think that Greg is responsible for your random act.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
KimLee said:
He had a good price on a Noobmariner and warned that the movement was cheap, it was not guaranteed waterproof, and that he merely guaranteed that it arrived intact.

He warned you about all that, and yet so, after the watch arriving completely intact AND all good, ...you managed to do it completely wrong, against what he have warned, and yet dare to come and blame him?
...It´s all your fault after all, and being registered here for this long, it´s fair that you´re aware of what you have to "do and don´t" about the watches...

This thread of yours is really non-sense, ´cause, after all, it has only one purpose at all, that is to make clear, that the issue was all your fault, and nobody but you stated that in first place. I hope that you´re aware of what you are saying on that entire post, and wish that you must be just kidding.

If you´re not happy with the watch, send it to me and I´ll even let you pay me for this. :lol:

Cheers,
Spirit.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i'm not annoyed, i am totally confused as to why this has even happened.

D

d4m.test

I think the point has been made...
Im going to do the OP a favor and end this slaughter...

Status
Not open for further replies.