• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customer challenge my Rolex is fake .

Cleanboy

Renowned Member
28/7/14
Today I wearing my Noob v4 1:1 rolex with my company attires which the attires look like cleaner ( my attire is senior technical ) . One customer asked me "is my rolex watch fake ? " I replied him mine is real , so he look again at my watch and confirm is fake n said he also bought one at around usd$200. Sometime when our job vocation make ppl unbelieve that we can afford to buy a rolex even though you r wearing a gen . if that day I am wearing long sleeves suit and leather shoe perhaps that customer will believe is a gen .

sometime working job also play a part . Dishwashing , cashier with low income wearing rolex during work ppl mind think is fake watch . Only after work out of the company you wear out your rolex still comfortable.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Why would you pass it off as genuine? You seem to feel like you have to proof yourself, even when he actually caught you on it being a replica.

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
First off, there is a, near, general assumption that all Rolexs' have a very high likelihood of being fake; thus are suspect.

Second, is English your first language?

If so then I can understand why he questioned your Rolex. PLease do not take that as being 'too' snarkey. I am the king of typos. You are in the right place. There is nothing that will improve your writing like writing. Further, taking an active part in forums will give you, nearly, limitless opportunities to communicate in writing, and it really does not matter which forums.

So, sort of a late welcome; and yes, Rolex is nearly always suspect.

Cleanboy

Renowned Member
28/7/14
First off, there is a, near, general assumption that all Rolexs' have a very high likelihood of being fake; thus are suspect.

If so then I can understand why he questioned your Rolex. PLease do not take that as being 'too' snarkey. I am the king of typos. You are in the right place. There is nothing that will improve your writing like writing. Further, taking an active part in forums will give you, nearly, limitless opportunities to communicate in writing, and it really does not matter which forums.

we communicate in chinese . actually submarines rolex is always suspect as fake .

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I dont know why people think that a Rolex must fake when they see one, especially a steel sub which isnt really THAT expensive unlike a Patek, AP or VC.

Seems like Rolex marketed their brand so well that the general public thinks that a Rolex means costing an arm or leg?

GNILTIERB

Known Member
28/9/14
Germany & Sweden
Sure, on the one hand it's the fact that for a genuine Rolex you have to pay an amount of money which is 100 times more than most of the ordinary people would spend for a wristwatch.

On the other hand - and I think thats the main reason - is the omnipresence of fake Rolex watches at the beaches of the resorts worldwide. For non-enthusiasts, Rolex is like a synonym for fake watch and everyone knows, that you can shop Rolex fakes at any "beach concessionaire" for very little money. So it might has become just a reflex for others to ask for a Rolex to be fake...

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
If the sub is always considered a fake at first then consider a different watch. And also the customer was right. It was a fake.

Sophiecat

Horology Curious
2/9/14

Are you really criticizing someone else's grammar? That's precious and more than a little ironic. I suggest that you review the proper use of apostrophes to form possessive nouns and, when you get a chance, you might also want to learn how to use a semicolon. Your short submission is riddled with errors (and they're not just typos). You have run-on sentences formed by connecting subordinate clauses; you have a misspelled word; you have occasionally employed commas in a rather arbitrary and haphazard fashion. Please provide me with your address so that I may send you a early, and much needed, Christmas present...a case of Windex for you glass house.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
...is English your first language?

If so then I can understand why he questioned your Rolex.

Are you saying that the dude got called out because he couldn't speak English fluently? Lol. You known that's BS right?

Resistor

9/11/14
This entire thread is a very difficult read. I have a headache now [emoji36]

egroegart

1/7/13
It's easy for us to call it out. not for the general public. how many people have called you guys out on a ceramic sub? More than likely none.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
I called someone out before. I even insulted him on how bad his fake piece of shit watch was with all the things wrong with it. He still wears that atrocity every now and then. It's a real abomination actually and does him a disservice considering the people he has to interact with

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Rubbing elbows together and calling out each others watches !! Next thing you know........... :itchyandscratchy:...........:facepalm::eek:hwell:.